Carol Channing & Pearl Bailey On Broadway
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Carol Channing - Larger than Life ~ $7.98 (Save 68%)
- Cleopatra (50th Anniversary) (Blu-ray) ~ $16.13
- Funny Girl (Blu-ray) ~ $16.34
- by Original Broadway Recording ~ Kinky Boots ~ $10.78
- Mary Martin and Ethel Merman - The Ford 50th Anniversary Show ~ $16.78
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: November 28, 2000
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Bloopers: Blooper Reel
- Alternate Scenes: Deleted Scenes/Outtakes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Pearl Bailey & Carol Channing|
|Directed by||Clark Jones|
Description by OLDIES.com:
A once-in-a-lifetime live concert, unseen for over 30 years! Carol Channing starred in the original Broadway cast of "Hello, Dolly!," opening at the St. James Theatre on January 16, 1964. A few years later, Pearl Bailey played Dolly on that same stage and brought her own magical personality to the role. On March 16, 1969, ABC-TV aired a one-time-only concert on Broadway by these two very special stars. In a memorable medley of great showstoppers that were originally written for men, Carol gets to perform "If I Were a Rich Man" as Tevye, and Pearl sings a medley as "The Music Man." They team up for "The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game)" from Guys and Dolls and "There is Nothing Like a Dame" from South Pacific. The show builds to a grand "Hello, Dolly!" finale.
Carol Channing and Pearl Bailey both performed in the mid-Sixties' Broadway production of "Hello, Dolly!" In 1969, ABC Television broadcast a live performance by these two magical singers and performers. Featuring a list of songs which were written and intended for men, Miss Channing and Miss Bailey bring their own wonderful interpretations to such Broadway classics as "If I Were A Rich Man", "The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game)" and "There Is Nothing Like A Dame" before finishing with the grand "Hello, Dolly!"
Broadway | Music Video
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!