Dave Brubeck Only The Best of Dave Brubeck (4-CD)
|You Save:||$25.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: December 30, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The classic albums in this set include "Truth Is Fallen", "Two Generations of Brubeck - Brother, The Great Spirit Made Us All!", "All The Things We Are", "Last Set At Newport" and "On Time"
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Prelude Merciful Men Are Taken Away
- 2.Truth Is Fallen
- 3.Oh, That My Head Were Waters Speak Out (Duet) I Called And No One Answered
- 4.Yea Truth Faileth Truth (Planets Are Spinning)
- 5.Is The Lord's Hand Shortened? Arise!
- 6.Mr. Broadway
- 7.Forty Days
- 8.The Duke
- 9.It's A Raggy Waltz
- 10.Sky Scape
- 11.Temptation Boogie
- 13.Christopher Columbus
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Like Someone In Love
- 2.In Your Own Sweet Way
- 3.All The Things You Are
- 4.Jimmy Van Heusen Medley
- 5.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Introduction By Father Norman O'Connor
- 2.Blues For Newport
- 3.Take Five
- 4.Open The Gates (Out Of The Way Of The People)
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Take Five
- 2.Blue Rondo Á La Turk
- 3.Unsquare Dance
- 4.Out Of Nowhere
- 6.There'll Be Some Changes Made
- 7.You Go To My Head
- 8.Besame Mucho
- 9.Win A Few, Lose A Few
- 10.Forty Days
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Dave Mason (vocals, guitar, viola); Peter "Madcat" Ruth (vocals, flute, harmonica, Jew's harp); Chris Brubeck (vocals, trombone, keyboards, electric bass); Chris Brown (vocals, electric bass); Perry Robinson (clarinet); Jerry Bergonzi (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Lee Konitz, Anthony Braxton (alto saxophone); Alan Dawson (baritone saxophone, drums); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Darius Brubeck (electric piano); Roy Haynes (drums); Lowell Thompson (bongos).
Audio Remixer: Lewis Hahn.
Liner Note Authors: Dave Brubeck; Joe H. Klee; George Wein; Michael Cuscuna.
Recording information: C.I. Studios, New York, NY; Newport Jazz Festival.
Author: Dave Brubeck.
Director: Gordon Franklin.
Photographer: David Gahr.
ONLY THE BEST OF DAVE BRUBECK contains five albums in their entirety: ON TIME (a compilation album issued near the end of the pianist's tenure with Columbia Records) and four Atlantic sets from the 1970s: ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE, TRUTH IS FALLEN, TWO GENERATIONS OF BRUBECK, and LAST SET AT NEWPORT. These sides do reveal Brubeck himself at a kind of creative peak, but not necessarily in the best musical company. Not that the music contained here isn't enjoyable and at times even brilliant; it's simply not as awe-inspiring as the sides he cut in the '40s, '50s, and early '60s.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 84,633
- UPC: 090431111826
- Shipping Weight: 0.83/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 4 items
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE