- Never-Before-Released Interviews
- Full-Length Performance Videos of "Basin Street Blues," "Oh Babe!" and "Waitin' on the Robert E. Lee"
- Bonus Songs: "Sing, Sing, Sing," "Robin Hood" and "Please No Squeeza Da Banana"
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 8, 2001
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
Production Interviews: Louis Prima - Star
- "Sing, Sing, Sing"
- "Robin Hood"
- "Please No Squeeza Da Banana"
- Louis Prima - BASIN STREET BLUES
- Louis Prima - OH BABE!
- Louis Prima - WAITIN' ON THE ROBERT E. LEE
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 05/11/2001
"...[A] revelatory look at an unsung musical hero..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Before Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tom Jones, Tony Bennett or Engelbert Humperdinck ever played the stages of Vegas, there was Louis Prima. One of America's most hypnotic and original performers, Prima's career spanned several decades and turned out hits like "That Old Black Magic," "Sing, Sing, Sing," "Just a Gigolo," "I Ain't Got Nobody" and "Jump, Jive an' Wail." In Disney's animated classic The Jungle Book, Prima created the "hep" voice of King Louie the orangutan. This film profiles the magnetic Louis Prima in a nostalgic historical journey through the music scenes of a racy New Orleans, the swinging jazz culture of uptown New York and Las Vegas's "formative" years. As a solo act or with his wife, acclaimed singer Keely Smith, Louis Prima was and will forever be the "wildest" man in show business!
THE WILDEST is a musical documentary tracking the exciting life and times of hep cat crooner Louis Prima. The charismatic, highly original jazz-pop vocalist influenced the likes of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra. This biography explores Prima's musical journey, tracking the trajectory of his brilliant career from the sultry scenes of New Orleans to New York's uptown jazz subculture and through to the dawn of Las Vegas as a major entertainment center. In following Prima's decades of singing, this release also sketches an engaging history of 20th-century American music.
Jazz Vocal |
Music (General) |
Music Video |
Pop / Rock |