David Allan Coe For The Record: The First 10 Years
Only 7 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 23, 1990
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Sony
- 1.You Never Even Called Me By My Name
- 2.Please Come To Boston
- 3.Jody Like A Melody
- 4.Longhaired Redneck
- 5.If That Ain't Country
- 6.Willie, Waylon and Me
- 7.Take This Job and Shove It
- 8.Just To Prove My Love For You
- 9.Jack Daniels, If You Please
- 10.Would You Lay With Me (In A Field of Stone)
- 11.Divers Do It Deeper
- 12.X's and O's (Kisses and Hugs)
- 13.This Bottle (In My Hand)
- 14.Git A Little Dirt On
- 15.Stand By Your Man
- 16.Tennessee Whiskey
- 17.Now I Lay Me Down To Cheat
- 18.What Made You Change Your Mind
- 19.The Ride
- 20.Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Ron Bledsoe, David Allan Coe, B. Sherril.
Personnel: David Allan Coe (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: David Allan Coe.
Recording information: 1974-1984.
Photographer: Larry Dixon.
For the Record: The First 10 Years gets a slight edge over its counterpart 17 Greatest Hits, not just because it contains three more songs, but because it gives a greater context for David Allan Coe's achievements. Yes, his redneck tendencies sound a little disturbing to PC-leaning ears, but Coe was a great, unashamed country singer, singing the purest honky-tonk and hardest country of his era, making even Waylon and Willie seem a little conventional. There is an undeniable reactionary streak to his music yet, especially in retrospect, this makes it stronger, since he seems like one of the lone voices fighting for traditional country values. Did he win the fight? Well, in a way, he did, since he created pure, hardcore country, as this set of songs proves. This is Coe at his very best, from covers of "Please Come to Boston" to his trademarks "Longhaired Country," "Willie, Waylon and Me," "Jack Daniels, if You Please," and "Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile." He winds up relying on covers a bit much, but his attitude makes him stand apart from his brethren. He may not be the most original outlaw, but there's none more outlaw than him. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$15.98 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,888
- UPC: 074643958523
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- Blue Rodeo 1000 Arms (CD) ~ $13.49 CYBER WEEK
- J.J. Cale Roll On (CD) ~ $15.71 CYBER WEEK
- Elvis Costello Almost Blue (Limited) (CD) ~ $9.89 CYBER WEEK
- Gavin DeGraw Something Worth Saving (CD) ~ $10.78 CYBER WEEK
- John Denver Definitive All-Time Greatest Hits (2-CD) ~ $5.97 CYBER WEEK