- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 15 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Deleted Scenes
- Documentary: Building a Winning Team: The Making of One Tree Hill
- Audio Commentary: Cast and Crew
- Music Video: Gavin DeGraw - OH, CHARIOT
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 01/28/2005
"[T]he show handles its adolescent alienation, high school love triangles, drug abuse, and dysfunctional parenting with a dignity and insight that prevent it from devolving into some cautionary after-school melodrama..."
Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Nathan Scott (James Lafferty) are two half-brothers whose lives are brought together on the basketball court when they both end up playing for the same team in high school. The previously estranged twosome struggle to prove who is the better player on the court, and also face personal turmoil, most notably in the shape of Nathan's girlfriend, Peyton Sawyer (Hilarie Burton), whom they both lust after. The parental struggle that split the boy's upbringings also plays a major part in ONE TREE HILL, with Nathan's father, Dan (Paul Johansson) and Lucas' mother, Karen (Moira Kelly) bringing many unneeded complications into Nathan and Lucas's lives. The first season is included here in its entirety.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Same town. Same team. Same father. Different lives. Half-brothers rival each other on and off the basketball court in the wildly popular high-school drama that tallied a whopping 185% audience growth among W18-34 from it series premiere to the first season finale.