Rodney Crowell Diamonds & Dirt
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 8/01, p.1474 stars out of 5 - "...This is terrific modern country & western featuring intellignet lyrics, exemplary musicianship and real pathos in the vocals..."
No Depression - 1-2/01, pp.76-7"...The commercial and creative zenith of Crowell's career..."
- 1.Crazy Baby
- 2.I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried
- 3.She's Crazy For Leaving
- 4.After All This Time
- 5.I Know You're Married
- 6.Above And Beyond (The Call Of Love)
- 7.It's Such A Small World
- 8.I Didn't Know I Could Lose You
- 9.Brand New Rag
- 10.The Last Waltz
- 11.I've Got My Pride But I Got To Feed The Kids
- 12.It's Lonely Out
- 13.Lies Don't Lie
Personnel includes: Rodney Crowell (vocals, guitar); Roseanne Cash (vocals); Steuart Smith (guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Mark O'Connor (mandolin, fiddle); Glen Duncan (fiddle); Preston Smith (harmonica, background vocals); Barry Beckett (piano, organ); Michael Rhodes (bass); Eddie Bayers, Russ Kunkel (drums); Vince Santoro, Vince Gill (background vocals).
Producers: Tony Brown, Rodney Crowell.
Reissue Producer: Bob Irwin.
Originally released on Columbia (44076). Includes reissue liner notes by Rodney Crowell.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
After years spent enhancing the work of others as guitarist, songwriter, and producer, Rodney Crowell finally made his commercial breakthrough as a solo artist with his fifth album DIAMONDS & DIRT. Conclusive proof that Crowell had truly arrived was the record he set by earning five consecutive number one singles from the album.
Crowell takes a less pop-oriented approach than his then-spouse Rosanne Cash (who appears as her husband's duet partner on "It's Such a Small World"), favoring instead a modernized honky-tonk approach that prefigured the ascendancy of such progressive country artists as Lyle Lovett and Dwight Yoakam. From the breakneck energy of the opener, "Crazy Baby," to the lovelorn, piano-based ballad, "I Didn't Know I Could Lose You," Crowell consistently proves himself as a powerful songwriter and singer capable of creating modern country music without sacrificing his roots.
Rodney CrowellBut What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,830
- UPC: 886972447322
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Asylum Street Spankers What? And Give Up Showbiz? (2-CD) ~ $17.19 LABOR DAY
- Chet Atkins The Early Years 1946-1957 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- Chet Atkins Pickin' My Way / Superpickers (CD) ~ $20.68
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY