- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2008
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
THE ANDERSON TAPES, directed by Sidney Lumet, stars Sean Connery as a man who has just been released from a lengthy prison sentence. He quickly recalls his criminal past when he plots to rob every apartment in an large, wealthy building. What he does not suspect is that the entire building is rigged with video cameras.
Description by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
A habitual criminal, looking for a big score immediately upon leaving prison, goes to the syndicate seeking funds for a massive robbery. He intends to ransack a posh East Side New York apartment building. Rounding up a gang of top-flight thieves, he proceeds to plan and carry out his caper unaware that he is being taped.
- The building that figures prominently in the plot is actually the Convent of the Sacred Heart on East 9th Street in Manhattan's East Village. The rest of the film was also shot in New York City.
- Producer Robert M. Weitman was formerly the production vice president for Columbia Pictures. This was his first independent venture.