- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 15 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 13, 2005
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0 English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Behind the Scenes of the 10tth Episode.
- Other - Who Wants To Talk Gilmore - montage of Season 5's best dialogue exchanges.
- Documentary: The Gilmore Girls Turn 100 - a in-depth look at the making of the 100th episode.
- Audio Commentary:
- Amy Sherman-Palladino
- Daniel Palladino on Wedding Bell Blues Episode.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A fifth season of drama unfolds as the residents of the small Connecticut town Stars Hollow run the full gamut of human emotions once again. Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her teenage daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel) enjoy mixed fortunes this time out. As the wind is firmly knocked out of Rory's sails due to a seemingly never-ending string of personal crises, Lorelai is enjoying her flourishing romance with the handsome Luke (Scott Patterson). Lorelai tries to fulfill her motherly duties by helping Rory to get her life back on track, then falls into heartbreak herself when Luke breaks up with her. But the two quickly reconcile, and the romance really heats up as the season nears its conclusion--although Rory's penchant for trouble causes her mother further anguish. All 21 episodes from the fifth season are included on this collection.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Gilmore Girls: The Complete Fifth Season
Gilmore rising: Lorelai. The Dragonfly Inn is a huge success. And Lorelai's romance with Luke (the just-gotta-be relationship fans have waited for!) steams up Stars Hollow. Gilmore going down: Rory. College, boys and career plans crash and burn, leaving the once-confident golden girl reeling. Fasten your seat belt for a fabulously funny and heartbreakingly dramatic Season 5.
The wit, charm and eccentricity that have created legions of Gilmore Girls devotees are on glorious display in all 22 episodes of the hit series' fifth year. Adding more sparkle is the brilliant array of totally off-kilter, totally engaging supporting characters: Sookie, Paris, Lane, Kirk, Michel, the imperious Gilmore pere et mere and a townful more. See you in Stars Hollow!
Family (General) |
Family Interaction |