Johnny Cash America: A 200-Year Salute In Story & Song
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Opening Dialogue
- 2.Paul Revere
- 3.Begin West Movement
- 4.The Road To Kaintuck
- 5.To The Shining Mountains
- 6.The Battle Of New Orleans
- 8.Remember The Alamo
- 9.Opening The West
- 11.The Gettysburg Address
- 12.The West
- 13.Big Foot
- 14.Like A Young Colt
- 15.Mister Garfield
- 16.A Proud Land
- 17.The Big Battle
- 18.On Wheels And Wings
- 19.Come Take A Trip In My Airship
- 20.Reaching For The Stars
- 21.These Are My People
Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar); Norman Blake, Ray Edenton (guitar); Bob Wootton, Carl Perkins (electric guitar); Red Lane (gut-string guitar); Chuck Cochran (piano); Marshall Grant (bass guitar); W.S. Holland (drums); Mark Morris (percussion).
One in a series of Johnny Cash albums that celebrates American identity and history, AMERICA is a running catalogue of key events in the development of the nation. The songs are sequenced chronologically--the record begins with "Paul Revere" and "Begin West Movement," moves through "The Gettysburg Address" and "Mister Garfield" (a story of an assassination attempt on the President), and ends with "On Wheels and Wings." Along the way, Cash takes the listener on a journey, from the struggle for American independence to the rise of cars and airplanes.
Like the earlier RIDE THIS TRAIN album, the songs are interspersed with a running commentary by Cash, in a style that is half old-time raconteur, half grass-roots educator. While the subject matter of the record is much broader than that of Cash's more personal material, AMERICA still makes for an intriguing stop in the artist's discography, with its contents equally appropriate for a campfire performance or reference in a junior-high history course. The disc is yet another lesser-known gem from this multifaceted, iconoclastic figure.
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 12,121
- UPC: 886972443928
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY
- Bill Boyd's Cowboy Ramblers Lone Star Rag: 1937-1949, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $10.10 LABOR DAY
- Richard Buckner Surrounded (CD) ~ $13.48
- J.J. Cale Roll On (CD) ~ $16.18