Johnny Cash 16 Biggest Hits, Volume 2
11 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.84 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 26, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony
- 1.Don't Take Your Guns To Town
- 2.I Got Stripes
- 3.Tennessee Flat-Top Box
- 5.Green, Green, Grass Of Home
- 6.Orange Blossom Special
- 7.The One On The Right Is On The Left
- 8.The Lady Came From Baltimore
- 9.To Beat The Devil
- 11.A Thing Called Love
- 13.Any Old Wind That Blows
- 14.There Ain't No Good Chain Gang
- 16.Over The Next Hill
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Anita Carter, The Carter Family.
Producers include: Don Law, Frank Jones, Bob Johnston, Larry Butler, Gary Klein.
Digitally remastered by Darcy Proper (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
On this unusual collection, sheer quality wins out over any questions raised about truth in packaging. One is hard pressed to conjure a universe in which these were 16 of Johnny Cash's biggest hits, but they're certainly some of his finest recordings, and a number of the tunes included here are difficult to come by elsewhere. This compilation offers everything from the humorous hard-luck story "Busted" (which many know from its Ray Charles version) to Tim Hardin's poignant folk ballad "Lady Came from Baltimore" and Kris Kristofferson's modern parable "To Beat the Devil," all of which number among the most memorable recordings of Cash's mid-period catalogue. Sure, you've heard the harmonica-driven train song "Orange Blossom Special" many times before if you're even a casual Cash fan, but odds are you haven't heard "Blistered," a horny, light-hearted rockabilly slash-and-burner about lust and drug addiction. This left field number is one of Cash's more obscure items, but it's also one of his best, and its the kind of thing this collection offers the all-too-rare opportunity to sample.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Wanda Jackson Wanda Jackson (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE