Ricky Skaggs 16 Biggest Hits
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.16 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.82 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 12, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony
Dirty Linen - 4-5/01, p.84"...This is 'country' when country meant something, and the singing and playing is all first rate..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Don't Get Above Your Raising
- $0.99 on iTunes2.You May See Me Walkin'
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Crying My Heart Out Over You
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Don't Care
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Hearbroke
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I Wouldn't Change You If I Could
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Highway 40 Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes8.You've Got A Lover
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Don't Cheat In Our Hometown
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Honey (Open That Door)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Uncle Pen
- $0.99 on iTunes12.SOmething In My Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Country Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Wheel Hoss
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Cajun Moon (Live)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Lovin' Only Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Digitally remastered by Randy Kling (DiscMastering, Nashville, Tennessee).
Does 16 Biggest Hits really contain Ricky Skaggs' 16 biggest hits as measured in the country singles charts? No, it doesn't. It contains his 13 biggest hits, plus three other songs that have special significance for the artist and his audience. Among his top 16 singles are "You Make Me Feel Like a Man," "Love's Gonna Get You Someday," and "Let It Be You," none of which are included here. In their place are "Don't Get Above Your Raising," Skaggs' first Epic single and first significant hit; "You May See Me Walkin'," his first Top Ten hit; and "Wheel Hoss," an album track from his Country Boy album written by his mentor, Bill Monroe. It's hard to argue with such substitutions, except to note that they rob the album's title of strict accuracy. The music contained here helped define the new traditionalist movement in country music in the '80s. Skaggs, a top instrumentalist steeped in bluegrass, found a formula at the start of that decade which combined a heavy emphasis on traditional playing with a fresh approach that didn't violate the old-time sound so much as extend it. Trends come and go, and after Skaggs' style passed from mass popularity he predictably returned to the traditional style from which he had emerged, but not before he had reinvigorated country music with the hits heard on this album, which stands as an excellent introduction to his most popular work. ~ William Ruhlmann
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE