- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 1947
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Alain Silver, Jame Ursini - Film Historians
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Galleries: Poster Art
- Stills/Photos: Unit Photography
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Hailing from early on in the career of director Elia Kazan, BOOMERANG! tells the noirish tale of an innocent man brow-beaten into confessing to the murder of a minister. Dana Andrews stars as the D.A. who decides to dig deeper into what seems like an open-and-shut case. Arthur Miller fans should look for a cameo by the playwright in the suspect line-up. Based on an article by Anthony Abbott in Reader's Digest, this brilliant true crime drama represents one of Hollywood's first forays into the gritty Italian neo-realist style of filmmaking.
This melodrama, based on the true story of an unsolved murder, carefully combines fact with fiction in semi-documentary style. When a prosecuting attorney investigates the killing of a Connecticut clergyman, he begins to suspect that the accused man is innocent -- and sets out to prove it.
Law / Lawyers |
Mistaken Identity |
- Based on an article in "Reader's Digest" called "The Perfect Case," written by Anthony Abbott.
- Playwright Arthur Miller appears as one of the line-up suspects.
- Shot on location in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Additional cast: Lester Lonergan (Cary), Lewis Leverett (Whitney), Richard Garrick (Mr. Rogers), Ben Lackland (James), Helen Carew (Annie), Johnny Stearns (Reverend Gardiner), Guy Thomajan (Cartucci), Lucia Seger (Mrs. Lukash), Dudley Sadler (Dr. Rainsford), Walter Greaza (Mayor Swayze), Helen Hatch (Miss Manion), Royal Beal (Johnson).