Fillmore East: The Lost Concert Tapes 12/13/68
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 2.One Way Out
- 3.Mike Bloomfield's Introduction Of Johnny Winter
- 4.It's My Own Fault
- 5.59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
- 6.(Please) Tell Me Partner
- 7.That's All Right Mama
- 8.Together Till The End Of Time
- 9.Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong
- 10.Season Of The Witch
Personnel: Al Kooper (vocals, piano, organ, keyboards); Johnny Winter, Mike Bloomfield (vocals, guitar); Paul Harris (piano); Jerry Jemmott (bass); Johnny Cresci (drums).
Recorded live on December 13 & 14, 1968. Includes liner notes by Al Kooper.
At first glance, you might mistake this for unused material from the same late-1968 concerts that supplied the material for The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield & Al Kooper. But no, this was recorded about two and a half months later at a different venue, and with a different backup band (Paul Harris on piano, Jerry Jemmott on bass, and John Cresci on drums). There's still some similarity to the repertoire, though, and a good deal of similarity to the music, which is blues-rock with a late-'60s improvisational bent. Little original material was offered, the only song falling into that category being Bloomfield's "(Please) Tell Me Partner," a routine ten-minute blues. The soul-pop cover "Together Till the End of Time" comes off the best, in part because of its relative economy at four and a half minutes in length, and the cover of Sonny Boy Williamson's "One Way Out" isn't bad. But the interpretations (including a nine-minute "Season of the Witch," which Kooper and Stephen Stills had done on the popular Bloomfield-Kooper-Stills Super Session album) run long and sometimes lack imagination. This preserves a historic moment of sorts, when Bloomfield introduces then-unknown guest guitarist Johnny Winter, who takes some of the guitar duties on "It's My Own Fault." This was the appearance that, according to Kooper's liner notes, alerted Columbia to Winter, after which the label quickly offered him a contract. ~ Richie Unterberger
Michael BloomfieldBetween the Hard Place & the Ground / Cruisin' for a...
$12.35 Super Savings
Michael BloomfieldDon't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,503
- UPC: 886972379326
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop Music Categories:
As If (CD)
$13.81 Super Savings
- !!! As If (2LPs) ~ $21.95
Two Parts Viper (CD)
$12.39 Super Savings
- 'N Sync Triple Feature (3-CD) ~ $11.68
? and The Mysterians
Are You For Real (CD)
$9.79 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection series:
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Jukebox Hits of The '60s - Rockin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Argent Hold Your Head Up (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Thelonious Monk 'Round Midnight And Other Jazz Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE