Harry James The Complete Recordings
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.From The Bottom Of My Heart
- 2.Melancholy Mood
- 3.My Buddy
- 4.It's Funny To Everyone But Me
- 5.Here Comes The Night
- 6.All Or Nothing At All
- 7.On A Little Street In Singapore
- 8.Who Told You I Cared?
- 9.Ciribirbin (They're So In Love)
- 10.Every Day Of My Life
- 11.From The Bottom Of My Heart
- 12.Melancholy Mood
- 13.It's Funny To Everyone But Me
- 14.All Or Nothing At All
- 16.Wishing Will Make It So
- 17.If I Didn't Care
- 18.The Lamp Is Low
- 19.My Love For You
- 20.Moon Love
- 21.This Is No Dream
& His Orchestra Featuring Frank Sinatra.
Harry James & His Orchestra Featuring Frank Sinatra: Harry James (trumpet); Frank Sinatra (vocals); Dave Matthews (alto saxophone); Claude Lakey (alto & tenor saxophones, trumpet); Bill Luther, Drew Page (tenor & baritone saxophones); Claude Bowen, Tom Gonsoulin, Jack Palmer, Jack Schaeffer (trumpet); Russell Brown, Truett Jones, Dalton Rizzotto, Bruce Squires (trombone); Jack Gardner (piano); Brian "Red" Kent (guitar); Thurman Teague (bass); Ralph Hawkins, Mickey Scrima (drums).
Recorded between July 8 and November 8, 1939. Includes liner notes by George T. Simon, Burt Hall, Will Friedwall, Jack Lawrence and Charles Granata.
Frank Sinatra made his first studio recordings on July 13, 1939 with a band led by the man who gave him his first real break in show business -- trumpeter Harry James. Columbia/Legacy's 1995 release of the complete 1939 recordings of the Harry James Orchestra featuring Sinatra includes four alternate takes and seven live performances, recorded during the summer of 1939 at the Roseland and Marine Ballrooms in New York and Atlantic City (tracks 15-21). Tracks 15-18 predate Sinatra's studio recording debut by several days. There's something pleasant about hearing this vocalist putting songs across just before he became ultra-famous by ditching James to pursue more lucrative exploits as Tommy Dorsey's star attraction. The Sinatra of 1939 was a 23-year-old wonder whose marvelous voice was not yet saturated with the singer's notorious latter-day swagger. He's clearly happy to be showing the public who he is and what he can do. The combination of Sinatra's fresh young energy and the excellent instrumental accompaniment makes this entry in the Harry James discography a wise choice for those interested in the singer, the trumpeter, or both. ~ arwulf arwulf
Frank Sinatra / Tommy DorseyThe Essential Frank Sinatra With The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra...
Harry JamesI've Heard That Song Before: The Hits of Harry James (2-CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,533
- UPC: 886972476223
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Special Forces (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Strength In Numbers (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Tour De Force (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Big Band Music Categories:
- Ambrose (Big Band) The Hottest of the Decca 'M' Series (1929-1930) (CD) ~ $15.79
Ambrose (Big Band) Legendary 1929 Sessions (CD) ~
$14.80 Super Savings
- Ivie Anderson I Got It Good and That Ain't Bad! (CD) ~ $21.07
The Andrews Sisters Very Best Of (CD) ~
$7.44 Super Savings
Ray Anthony The Navy Show Broadcasts (CD) ~
$17.04 Super Savings