Cab Calloway Are You Hep To The Jive?
Only 8 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - 10/7/94, p.79"...his rhythm section never stops jumping, and 'Minnie The Moocher' still shows how to kick the gong around..." - Rating: B+
- 1.Boo-Wah Boo-Wah
- 2.Are You All Reet?
- 3.Hey Now, Hey Now
- 4.Everybody Eats When They Come To My House
- 5.Are You Hep To The Jive?
- 6.The Calloway Boogie
- 7.Hep Cat's Love Song
- 8.Papa's In Bed With His Britches On
- 9.Song Of The Islands: What's Buzzin' Cousin
- 11.Come On With The "Come On"
- 12.Chant Of The Jungle
- 13.I Want To Rock
- 14.Oh! Gram'pa
- 15.The Jungle King (You Ain't Done A Doggone Thing)
- 16.Don't Falter At The Alter
- 17.Who's Yehoodi?
- 18.A Chicken Ain't Nothin' But A Bird
- 19.Tarzan Of Harlem
- 20.Minnie The Moocher
- 21.Boog It
- 22.Foo A Little Bally-Hoo
Recorded between 1939 and 1947. Includes liner notes by Al Quaglieri.
This is part of the Legacy Rhythm And Soul series.
With his deft dance moves, giddily playful disposition, and charmingly enthusiastic vocals, Cab Calloway fascinated and delighted audiences at New York City's Cotton Club for years, hitting the peak of his powers in the 1940s. This wonderfully selected and sequenced Legacy compilation draws from this era (1939-47), featuring many of the singer/bandleader's finest moments. Always backed by a top-notch big-band ensemble, Calloway coasts along on swinging melodies, relating silly street narratives with the utmost crowd-pleasing verve. Numerous highlights of this disc include the slinky "Are You Hep to the Jive?" (and its equally enjoyable cousin, "Are You All Reet?"), the rhyme-happy "Everybody Eats When They Come to My House (Pass Me a Pancake, Mandrake!)", and, of course, Calloway's signature tune, the scat sing-along "Minnie the Moocher." For proof that Calloway was indeed one of the greatest performers of all time, look no further than these 22 outrageously entertaining tracks.
Michael BloomfieldDon't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969 (CD) View Details
Harlem Double Feature: Hi De Ho (1947) / Duke Is Tops (1938) (DVD-R)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,571
- UPC: 886972330426
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK