- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 17 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 29, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Abc Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Marc & Mom: Interview With The Series' Creator And His Mother, The Muse
- Directing DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES: An Episode From Concept To Completion
- Desperate Role Models: Iconic TV Housewives Share Their Wit And Wisdom With The Women Of Wisteria Lane
- Cherry-Picked: Creator Marc Cherry's Favorite Scenes
- Unaired Story Lines: Exclusive, Unseen Susan Mayer And Lynette Scavo Story Lines
- Fashion & Couture: Costume Designer Cate Adair Shows How The Housewives' Looks Are Created And How You Can Get The Look Too
- Juicy Bites: Housewives Of Wisteria Lane Reveal Their Juiciest Moments
- "The Whole Story" Promo
- Interactive Games: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES Poker: Mini-Activity From DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES - The Game (This demo has not yet been rated by the ESRB)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ultimate DVD - 08/01/2006
5 stars out of 5 -- "Never dipping in entertainment value, SEASON TWO delivers another dose of dark and irresistible melodrama."
All is not as it seems on Wisteria Lane, the pristinely manicured suburban setting of television's hottest prime-time soap. We learn this within the first few minutes of the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES pilot episode, when seemingly sane and happy housewife Mary Alice Young removes a revolver from a drawer and shoots herself in the head. In the process of trying to make sense of her sudden and inexplicable suicide, Mary Alice's friends end up revealing just as many secrets about themselves and their neighbors as they do about her past. Narrated by the spirit of Mary Alice, each episode follows the ups and downs in the lives of bored trophy wife Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria), klutzy-yet-charming Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher), frustrated stay-at-home-mom Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman), and anal-retentive homemaker Bree Van de Kamp (Marcia Cross). As love-struck Susan competes for the attention of new neighbor Mike Delfino (James Denton) with neighborhood seductress Edie Britt (Nicollette Sheridan), Gabrielle takes a liking to her hunky 17-year-old gardener. Meanwhile, Bree attempts to fix her life's problems through obsessive housecleaning, and Lynette struggles to control her children while at the same time keeping her sanity.
Picking up where the first left off, the show's second season finds each character in a state of turmoil. Having lost her husband, Bree uses white wine as a tool for coping with her conniving son and psychopath suitor. Meanwhile Gabrielle ponders whether or not to have a baby, Lynette shakes up her marital dynamics by going back to work, and Susan attempts to move on from Mike. The season also adds several new characters to the mix, including new Wisteria Lane resident Betty Applewhite (Alfre Woodard). And as everybody knows, new neighbors bring new mysteries. What, for example, are those strange sounds coming from Betty's basement'
Family Interaction |
Family Life |
Television / TV Series |
Television Programs |
Television Shows |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 97 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 108,896
- UPC: 786936300475
- Shipping Weight: 0.50/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 6 items