Aretha Franklin Jazz To Soul (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.59 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 14, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Today I Sing The Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes2.By Myself (Blue)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Maybe I'm A Fool
- $0.99 on iTunes4.All Night Long
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Blue Holiday
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Nobody Like You
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Sweet Lover
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Just For A Thrill
- $0.99 on iTunes9.If Ever I Would Leave You
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Once In A While
- $0.99 on iTunes11.This Bitter Earth
- $0.99 on iTunes12.God Bless The Child
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Skylark
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Drinking Again
- $0.99 on iTunes16.What A Difference A Day Made (Makes)
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Unforgettable
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Love For Sale
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Misty
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Impossible
- $0.99 on iTunes21.This Could Be The Start Of Something (Big)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Won't Be Long
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Operation Heartbreak
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Soulville
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Runnin' Out Of Fools
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Trouble In Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Walk On By
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Every Little Bit Hurts
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Mockingbird
- $0.99 on iTunes9.You'll Lose A Good Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Cry Like A Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Take It Like You Give It
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Land Of Dreams
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Can't You Just See Me
- $0.99 on iTunes14.(No, No) I'm Losing You
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Bit Of Soul
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Why Was I Born?
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Until You Were Gone
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Lee Cross
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Aretha Franklin (vocals, piano); Lord Westbrook (guitar); Al Sears (tenor saxophone); Tyree Glenn, Quentin Jackson (trombone); Ray Bryant (piano); Bill Lee, Milt Hinton (bass); Osie Johnson, Sticks Evans, Belton Evans (drums).
Producers: John Hammond, Robert Mersey, Bobby Scott, Clyde Otis, Al Kasha.
Compilation producer: John Snyder.
Recorded between 1960 & 1964. Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
This two-disc set celebrates an often overlooked or wrongly dismissed period of Aretha Franklin's career. Prior to signing with Atlantic in 1966, she spent the first half of the '60s recording for Columbia Records. A variety of musical directions were pursued by the label, showing that while perhaps there wasn't a consensus or about how to best present the young singer, her talents were undeniably enormous. From pop and show tunes to Gospel, Aretha regularly demonstrated herself to be more than equal to all of it--in fact she often turned fair to middling material into something greater by filtering it through her powerfully evocative voice. This is a smartly assembled anthology that makes a strong and clear statement about a then-emerging star who went on to be one of the preeminent singers in the second half of the 20th century.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!