Ella Fitzgerald Newport Jazz Festival: Live at Carnegie Hall (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.59 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 18, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Opening Announcement / Let's Get Together
- 2.Stompin' At The Savoy
- 3.A-Tisket A-Tasket
- 4.Indian Summer
- 5.Smooth Sailing
- 6.Eddie Barefield Original
- 7.Band Introductions / Let's Get Together
- 8.Announcement By George Wein
- 9.You Turned The Tables On Me
- 10.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- 11.I've Got A Crush On You
- 12.Introduction Of Jazz At Carnegie All-Stars By George Wein
- 13.Somebody Loves Me
- 14.Medley: I Can't Get Started / The Young Man With The Horn/'Round Midnight
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.C Jam Blues
- 2.Introductions Of Ella Fitzgerald By George Wein & Carmen McRae
- 3.I've Gotta Be Me
- 4.Down In The Depths
- 5.Good Morning Heartache
- 6.What's Going On
- 7.Miss Otis Regrets (She's Unable To Lunch Today)
- 8.Don't Worry 'Bout Me
- 9.These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)
- 10.Any Old Blues
- 11.Taking A Chance On Love
- 12.I'm In The Mood For Love
- 13.Lemon Drop
- 14.A-Tisket A-Tasket (Excerpt)
- 15.Some Of These Days
- 17.A-Tisket A-Tasket (Excerpt)
Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Ellis Larkins (piano).
The Chick Webb Orchestra: Eddie Barefiled (bandleader, saxophone); Chauncy Horton, Pete Clarke, Arthur Clarke, Bob Ashton, Hayward Henry (saxophone); Taft Jordan, Dick Vance, Francis "Franc" Williams, Frank Lo Pinto (trumpet); George Matthews, Al Cobb, Garnett Brown, Jack Jeffers (trombone); Cliff Smalls (piano); Lawrence Lucie (guitar); Beverly Peer (bass).
The Tommy Flanagan Quintet: Tommy Flanagan (piano); Joe Pass (guitar); Keeter Betts (bass); Fredie Waits (drums).
Jazz At Carnegie All-Stars: Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis (tenor saxophone); Roy Eldridge (trumpet); Al Grey (trombone); Tommy Flanagan (piano); Joe Pass (guitar); Keeter Betts (bass); Freddie Waits (drums).
Compilation producer: Nedra Olds-Neal.
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, New York on July 5, 1973. Includes liner notes by Chris Albertson.
This is part of the Columbia Jazz Masterpieces series.
The somewhat confusing title of this two-disc live set comes from the fact that although this July 5, 1973, concert took place at New York City's Carnegie Hall, it was sponsored by the Connecticut-based Newport Jazz Festival. This expanded version of what had been a heavily-condensed two-album set on vinyl contains the complete concert, which featured Ella Fitzgerald with a variety of backers, including a version of the Chick Webb Orchestra, the horn-heavy Jazz At Carnegie All-Stars, and most satisfyingly, the Tommy Flanagan Quintet (featuring sterling guitarist Joe Pass). She sounds terrific with all three bands. The eight previously unreleased tracks, including a dazzling scat rendition of "Stompin' at the Savoy," are as magnificent as the more familiar material. This is one of the finest of the many live Fitzgerald sets.
Super Sax: Art Pepper, Yusef Lateef & Pepper Adams (CD)(4)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE