- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 4 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 26, 2002
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 3-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Interactive Features:
Disc 1: Season 1
- Meet The Bunkers
- Writing The President
- Oh, My Aching Back
- Judging Books By Covers
Disc 2: Season 1
- Archie Gives Blood
- Gloria's Pregnancy
- Mike's Hippie Friends Come to Visit
- Lionel Moves Into The Neighborhood
Disc 3: Season 1
- Edith Has Jury Duty
- Archie is Worried About His Job
- Gloria Discovers Women's Lib
- Success Story
- The First and Last Supper
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Norman Lear's groundbreaking (not to mention taboo-breaking!) 1970s television series features Carroll O' Connor as the notoriously bigoted, working class family man Archie Bunker. Archie's conservative views can't help but affect his interactions with his family, which consists of his scatterbrained but saintly wife Edith (Jean Stapleton), daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers), and liberal son in-law Mike "Meathead" Stivic (Rob Reiner). A landmark in the frank, outrageously funny way it dealt with social issues and stereotypes, ALL IN THE FAMILY ran from 1971 to 1983, garnering 48 Emmy nominations, and spawning several spin-offs, including MAUDE, GOOD TIMES, and THE JEFFERSONS. This three-DVD set includes all 13 raucous episodes from the show's first season.
Those were the days. Norman Lear's landmark comedy featured one of the most beloved families in television history, the Bunkers. Starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie, Jean Stapleton as Edith, Rob Reiner as Mike "Meathead" Stivic and Sally Struthers as Gloria, "All in the Family" remains an Emmy® Award-winning treasure. Watch this ground-breaking first season for yourself and just try to stifle your laughter.
- Premiered: January 12, 1971
- ALL IN THE FAMILY was based on the acclaimed British series TILL DEATH DO US PART (1965).
- Mickey Rooney was Norman Lear's original choice for Archie Bunker.
- The characters of George and Louise Jefferson were introduced in the show's first season, yet only Louise made an actual appearance (Sherman Hemsley was busy working on Broadway and couldn't appear until later).
- Though ALL IN THE FAMILY was set in Queens, it was actually filmed in a Los Angeles studio.