Miles Davis Agharta (Live) (2-CD)
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Ricky Ford ~ American-African Blues ~ $10.40
- by Miles Davis ~ Live At The Fillmore East (2-CD) ~ $15.49
- by Miles Davis ~ Live-Evil (2-LPs - 180GV) ~ $23.95
- by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) ~ $42.51
- by Miles Davis ~ Pangaea (Live) (2-CD) ~ $15.49
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: January 25, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Sony
Mojo (Publisher) - p.53Ranked #3 in Mojo's "The 50 Most Out There Albums Of All Time" - "Uncompromising jazz/rock/funk thing, knocked out in an afternoon."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Miles Davis (trumpet, organ); Sonny Fortune (soprano & alto saxophones, flute); Pete Cosey (synthesizer, guitar, percussion); Reggie Lucas (guitar); Michael Henderson (electric bass); Al Foster (drums); Mtume (congas, water drum, rhythm box, percussion).
Producer: Teo Macero.
Reissue producer: Mike Berniker.
Recorded live at Osaka Festival Hall, Osaka, Japan on February 1, 1975. Includes liner notes by Lee Jeske.
Digitally remastered by Larry Keyes (CBS Records Studios, New York, New York).
Personnel: Miles Davis (trumpet, organ); Pete Cosey (guitar, synthesizer, percussion); Michael Henderson (guitar, bass guitar); Reggie Lucas (guitar); Sonny Fortune (flute, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Al Foster (drums); James "Mtume" Forman, Mtume (congas, percussion).
Audio Remasterer: Larry Keyes.
Liner Note Author: Lee Jeske.
Recording information: Osaka Festival Hall, Japan (02/01/1975).
Photographers: David Gahr; Tadayuki Naitoh; Shigeo Anzai.
Often derided or misunderstood during the time of their original release, Miles Davis' numerous releases following BITCHES BREW are now recognized for their startlingly unconventional beauty. Drawing on rock and funk, Miles unflinchingly followed his muse into the subtle dynamics to be found in hypnotically relentless repetition overlaid with fiery soloing.
This hundred-minute, two-disc set was recorded live in Japan in 1975 and finds Miles trading solos with saxophonist Sonny Fortune over an undulating rhythm thicket of two guitars, electric bass, drums and conga/percussion. Miles punctuates the proceedings and takes the ensemble on abrupt turns in the road with organ stabs and swells. Not for the faint of heart, this is as bracing and dazzling as waves breaking over a spit of shoreline, or fireworks exploding on all sides of you at once.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 52 ratings.
Based on 52 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE