Pete Seeger The Complete Carnegie Hall Concert, June (2-CD)
14 copies available
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 31, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Banjo Medley: Cripple Creek / Old Joe Clark / Leather Britches
- 3.Lady Margret
- 4.Mrs. McGrath
- 5.Mail Myself to You
- 6.My Rambling Boy
- 7.A Little Brand New Baby
- 8.What Did You Learn in School Today?
- 9.Little Boxes
- 10.Mrs. Clara Sullivan's Letter
- 11.Who Killed Norma Jean?
- 12.Who Killed Davey Moore?
- 14.A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
- 15.Didn't He Ramble (Fragment)
- 16.Keep Your Eyes On The Prize
- 17.If You Miss Me At The Back Of The Bus
- 18.I Ain't Scared Of Your Jail
- 19.Oh Freedom
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Skip To My Lou
- 3.Sweet Potatoes
- 4.Deep Blue Sea
- 5.Sea Of Mercy (Fragment)
- 6.Oh Louisiana
- 7.(The Ring on My Finger Is) Johnny Give Me
- 8.Oh What A Beautiful City
- 9.Lua Do Sertao (Moon Of The Backland)
- 10.The Miserlou
- 11.Polyushke Polye (Meadowlands)
- 12.Genbaku O Yurusumagi (Never Again The A-Bomb)
- 13.Schtille Di Nacht (Quiet Is The Night)
- 14.Viva La Quince Brigada (Long Live The Fifteenth Brigade)
- 15.Tshotsholosa (Road Song)
- 16.This Land Is Your Land
- 17.From Way Up Here
- 18.We Shall Overcome
- 19.Mister Tom Hughes's Town
- 20.Bring Me Li'l' Water Silvy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Recorded at Carengie Hall on June 8, 1963, this recording is one of Pete Seeger's most famous concerts. It contains the entire concert, about twice as much music as the LP.
Capturing a complete mid-'60s solo concert at New York's Carnegie Hall on two hour-long discs, Pete Seeger's WE SHALL OVERCOME is a glorious-sounding document of the folksinger/musicologist/social activist at the peak of his powers. Opening with a fleet-fingered banjo medley and ending more than two hours later with a stirring version of his classic "Guantanamera," Seeger touches on every aspect of his music, from protest songs to blues to traditional ballads to leftist anthems. The entire concert is remarkable, but a particular highlight comes in the middle of the first disc, when Seeger covers two songs by Bob Dylan, the apocalyptic "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" and the anti-boxing tirade "Who Killed Davey Moore?," a gesture of solidarity from one generation of folkies to another. The remastered sound is pristine and the set includes new liner notes.
Pete SeegerAmerican Favorite Ballads, Vols. 1-5 (5-CD Box Set)
Treasury of Folk Music (Limited Distribution) (2-CD Box Set)
$10.62 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE