- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 2, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Blue Eyes Crying in The Rain
- 2.Remember Me (When The Candle Lights Are Gleaming)
- 3.If You've Got The Money, I've Got The Time
- 4.Georgia On My Mind
- 5.Heartbreak Hotel
- 6.All Of Me
- 7.Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning
- 8.My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
- 9.On The Road Again
- 10.Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground (Live)
- 11.Always On My Mind
- 12.Everything Is Beautiful (In It's Own Way)
- 13.Let It Be Me
- 14.Blue Skies
- 15.Pancho And Lefty
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Whiskey River (Live)
- 2.Forgiving You Was Easy
- 3.To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- 4.Why Do I Have To Choose
- 6.Good Hearted Woman
- 7.What A Wonderful World
- 8.After The Fire Is Gone
- 9.Help Me Make It Through The Night
- 10.City Of New Orleans
- 11.Pretty Paper
- 12.Living In The Promiseland
- 13.Nothing I Can Do About It Now
- 14.Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
- 15.Uncloudy Day
Personnel includes: Willie Nelson, Leon Russell, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton, Tracy Nelson, Merle Haggard, Julio Iglesias.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Photographers: Ross Marino; Robert Alford; Chuck Pulin; John Reggero; Jon Sievert.
Arranger: Willie Nelson.
Willie Nelson is the man who, along with Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings, virtually defines the term of "Outlaw" in country music. An outlaw, in the country music sense of the word, is a maverick determine to go his own way, and in doing so, helps redefine country music itself. VERY BEST OF compiles many of the best and most well known of Nelson's recordings for Columbia in the 1970s and '80s. His craggy yet sweet, world-weary vocals have made hits (and standards) of "On The Road Again" and "Whiskey River," while his covers of "Georgia On My Mind" and "All Of Me" introduced contemporary listeners to the glory days of America's Tin Pan Alley.
Nelson's style of country has always had more to do with the dusty, earthy sounds of Texas as opposed to the polish of Nashville. He's also always had a willingness to sing duets with singers, like Julio Iglesias, Tracy Nelson (no relation) and Leon Russell, not usually related to the country genre. This is not only THE VERY BEST of Willie Nelson--it's some of the best American music, period.