Johnny Horton Honky Tonk Man (2-CD)
11 copies available
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 12, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Honky Tonk Man
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I'm A One Woman Man
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Take Me Like I Am
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Don't Like I Did (Before)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Hooray For That Little Difference
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I'm Coming Home
- $0.99 on iTunes7.She Knows Why
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Woman I Need (Honky Tonk Mind)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Goodbye Lonesome (Hello, Baby Doll)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.I'll Do It Every Time
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Let's Take The Long Way Home
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Lover's Rock
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Honky - Tonk Hardwood Floor
- $0.99 on iTunes14.The Wild One
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Hot In The Sugarcane Field
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Wise To The Ways of A Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Out In New Mexico
- $0.99 on iTunes18.I Love You Baby
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.All Grown Up
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Got The Bull By The Horns
- $0.99 on iTunes3.When It's Springtime In Alaska (It's Forty Below)
- $1.29 on iTunes4.The Battle of New Orleans
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Lost Highway
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Cherokee Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Golden Rocket
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Words
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Johnny Reb
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sal's Got A Sugar Lip
- $0.99 on iTunes11.The Electrified Donkey
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Sink The Bismark
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Ole Slew Foot
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Sleepy - Eyed John
- $0.99 on iTunes15.The Mansion You Stole
- $1.29 on iTunes16.North To Alaska
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Evil Hearted Me
- $0.99 on iTunes18.You Don't Move Me Baby Anymore
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Johnny Horton (vocals, guitar); Grady Martin (guitar); Bill Black (bass).
Producers: Don Law, Frank Jones, George Richey.
Compilation producer: Bob Irwin.
Recorded between January 11, 1956 and July 16, 1969. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
All tracks on disc 1 are mono; all tracks on disc 2 are stereo.
This is part of Legacy's Country Classics series.
This 36-track double-CD set, running just under an hour and a half, effectively chronicles Johnny Horton's Columbia Records career. The first disc, which is in mono, traces Horton's honky-tonk work of 1956-1957, starting with "Honky Tonk Man." Though lacking the crossover appeal of his later work at the time, this is the material on which his reputation stands today, with people like Dwight Yoakam resurrecting it. The end of the first disc and the beginning of the second (which is in stereo) present the stylistic fishing expedition of Horton's commercially unsuccessful middle period, as be goes looking for a bit. He finds it, of course, with the martial rhythms and historical theme of "The Battle of New Orleans," a chart-topping novelty that leads to a string of similar productions. By the end, in songs like "The Mansion You Stole," Horton seems headed toward the lush, string-filled Nashville Sound, though he died before it gained dominance. Along the way, all of Horton's Country chart singles and most of his pop chart singles are included, along with two tracks, previously unreleased in the U.S. Of course, the set could have been considerably longer (or, better yet, shaved by a few tracks and fit onto a single disc), but nothing essential is missing. ~ William Ruhlmann
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
But What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell (CD)(9)
$2.98 on SALE
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)(5)
$1.98 on SALE