- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I'm Working On A Road
- 2.He Took Your Place
- 3.Get In Line Brother
- 4.Brother, Im Getting Ready To Go
- 5.Reunion In Heaven
- 6.Mother Prays Loud In Her Sleep
- 7.Be Ready For Tomorrow May Never Come
- 8.You Can Feel It In Your Soul
- 9.The Old Fashioned Preacher
- 10.It Won't Be Long
- 11.No Mother In This World Today
- 12.Gone Home
- 13.Bubbling In My Soul
- 14.Joy Bells
- 15.Who Will Sing For Me
- 16.Give Mother My Crown
- 17.Give Me The Flowers (While I'm Living)
- 18.Is There Room For Me
- 19.A Million Years In Glory
- 21.Building On Sand
- 22.Jesus Savior Pilot Me
- 23.He Will Set Your Fields On Fire
- 24.Let The Chruch Roll On
- 25.Paul And Silas
- 26.No Hiding Place Down Here
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I'm On My Way To Canaan's Land
- 2.Angel Band
- 3.When The Angels Carry Me Home
- 4.I'll Never Be Lonesome Again
- 5.Get On The Road To Glory
- 6.Take Me In Your Life Boat
- 7.Bubbling In My Soul
- 9.Joy Bells
- 10.Give Me Flowers (While I'm Living)
- 11.You Can Feel It In Your Soul
- 12.Give Mother My Crown
- 13.On The Rock Where Moses Stood
- 14.Where Will I Shelter My Sheep
- 15.I Saw Mother With God Last Night
- 16.Go Home
- 17.Father's Table Grace
- 18.I'm Walking With Him
- 19.God Gave Noah The Rainbow Sign
- 20.When The Saints Go Marching In
- 21.Troublesome Waters
- 22.No Mother In This World Today
- 23.A Stone The Builders Refused
- 24.Call Me On Home, Too
- 25.Wait For The Sunshine
- 26.Thank God I'm On My Way
Flatt & Scruggs: Earl Scruggs (background vocals); Lester Flatt.
Personnel: Lester Flatt (vocals, guitar); Curly Seckler, Everett Lilly (tenor, mandolin); Billy E. Powers, Jake Tullock (tenor); Earl Scruggs (baritone, guitar, banjo); Paul Warren (bass voice, fiddle); Culley Holt, Jody Rainwater, Benny Martin (bass voice); Josh Graves (dobro); Earl Taylor, Monroe Fields (mandolin); Chubby Wise, Howdy Forrester (fiddle); Buddy Harman (drums).
Additional personnel: Mother Maybelle Carter (autoharp); Charlie McCoy (harmonica); Roy Huskey Jr., Joe Zinkan (double bass); Culley Holt, Curly Seckler, Jake Tullock (background vocals); Josh Graves, Paul Warren, Buddy Harman.
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (05/09/1951-03/21/1966).
Photographers: Don Hunstein; Lee Friendlander.
Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs merged bluegrass and gospel music throughout the 1950s and '60s on an impressive series of recordings for Columbia. Those backwoodsy, spiritual songs are represented on this outstanding two-disc, 52-track collection.
With Flatt on lead vocals and guitar and Scruggs on baritone vocals and banjo or guitar, the duo applied their potent bluegrass sound to songs of faith written by Flatt, A.P. Carter, and others. As always, Flatt's deft guitar work blends seamlessly with Scruggs's fleet banjo lines, while the pair's harmonizing voices convey tales of saints, sinners, and searching souls. Classics here include Flatt's fast-paced "Get in Line Brother" and cautionary "Be Ready for Tomorrow May Never Come, " Carter's twangy "I'm on My Way to Canaan's Land" and "On the Rock Where Moses Stood," and an energetic live take on Tom T. Hall's "A Stone the Builders Refused." For bluegrass fans who like a dose of religion with their music, FOGGY MOUNTAIN GOSPEL is essential.