Johnny Mathis The Essential Johnny Mathis (2-CD)
|You Save:||$0.37 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.In Other Words (Fly Me To The Moon)
- 2.When Sunny Gets Blue
- 3.It's Not For Me To Say
- 4.Wonderful! Wonderful!
- 5.Chances Are
- 6.No Love (But Your Love)
- 7.The Twelfth Of Never
- 8.Wild Is The Wind
- 9.Teacher, Teacher
- 10.A Certain Smile
- 11.Sleigh Ride
- 12.My Funny Valentine
- 14.Small World
- 16.Dancing On The Ceiling
- 17.Stairway To The Stars
- 19.What Will My Mary Say
- 20.The Sweetheart Tree
- 21.On A Clear Day (You Can See Forever)
- 22.The Look Of Love
- 23.A Time For Us
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I'm Coming Home
- 2.Life Is A Song Worth Singing
- 3.99 Miles From L. A.
- 4.What I Did For Love
- 5.When A Child Is Born
- 6.Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- 7.Begin The Beguine
- 9.Friends In Love
- 10.Brazil (Aquarela De Brazil)
- 11.Prelude To A Kiss
- 12.What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?
- 13.Let Your Heart Remember
- 14.Unbreak My Heart
- 15.Because You Loved Me
- 16.Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries
- 17.On Broadway
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Johnny Mathis (vocals); Deniece Williams, Dionne Warwick, Forever Plaid (vocals); Dean Parks, Al Caiola, Tony Mottola (guitar); Glenn Osser & His Orchestra, Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Ray Conniff & His Orchestra, Ray Ellis & His Orchestra.
Arrangers: Gene Page; Henry Mancini; Michel Legrand; Jorge Calandrelli.
By the time this two-CD, 40-track anthology hit the stores in 2004, consumers had a wide choice of Johnny Mathis compilations that contained his biggest hits in variable surroundings, ranging from succinct single-disc collections to box sets. This one does have all of the major late-'50s/early-'60s hits you'd expect of anything with "essential" in its title, although -- in an effort to make this a career-spanning selection -- the entirety of disc two is devoted to his post-1970 work, when Mathis was a run-of-the-mill adult contemporary singer (albeit one who did return briefly to the top of the charts in 1978 via his duet with Deniece Williams, "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late"). Still, disc one does have a lot of Mathis' best songs, and some of the most popular make-out music of all time. ~ Richie Unterberger
Tony BennettThe Collection: I Left My Heart In San Francisco / Art of...
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
A Classic Christmas From the Ed Sullivan Show (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE