Billy Joel The Essential Billy Joel (2-CD)
12 copies available
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 2, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Piano Man
- 2.You're My Home
- 3.Captain Jack
- 4.The Entertainer
- 5.Say Goodbye To Hollywood
- 6.Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway)
- 7.New York State Of Mind
- 8.She's Always A Woman
- 9.Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
- 10.Only The Good Die Young
- 11.Just The Way You Are
- 13.My Life
- 14.It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- 15.You May Be Right
- 16.Don't Ask Me Why
- 17.She's Got A Way
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Goodnight Saigon
- 2.An Innocent Man
- 3.Uptown Girl
- 4.The Longest Time
- 5.Tell Her About It
- 6.Leave A Tender Moment Alone
- 7.A Matter Of Trust
- 8.Baby Grand (duet with Ray Charles)
- 9.I Go To Extremes
- 10.We Didn't Start The Fire
- 12.The Downeaster "Alexa"
- 13.And So It Goes
- 14.The River Of Dreams
- 15.All About Soul (Remix)
- 16.Lullbye (Goodnight My Angel)
- 17.Waltz No. 1 (Nunley's Carousel)
- 18.Invention In C Minor
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Billy Joel (vocals, piano); Ray Charles (vocals); Richard Joo (piano); Liberty DeVito (drums).
Producers include: Michael Stewart, Billy Joel, Phil Ramone, Mick Jones, Steven Epstein.
Compilation producers: Greg Linn, Mark Feldman.
Recorded between 1973 and 2001.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Billy Joel (vocals, harmonica, piano, keyboards); Richard Huyghe (piano).
Photographers: Patrick Demarchelier; Art Maillet.
At the close of the 20th Century, it became apparent that Billy Joel was one of the premier pop craftsmen of the post-Beatles era. This generous two-disc compilation neatly makes a case for Joel's reign at the top of the musical heap by chronicling nearly 20 years of hits. Joel's melodic gift and lyrical acumen are amply displayed as THE ESSENTIAL BILLY JOEL moves from the introspective "Piano Man" to the sardonic, self-parodic "The Entertainer," from the Springsteen-like rocker "Only the Good Die Young" to the McCartneyesque "Dont Ask Me Why." As Joel's career progressed, his work became increasingly occupied with socio-political issues, as evidenced by disc two's "We Didn't Start the Fire" and "The Downeaster 'Alexa.'" By the end of the '90s, Joel decided to abandon pop in favor of classically inspired instrumental music, and this chronological collection fittingly ends with some of the first fruits of that notion, indicating that even after so many years in the public eye, Joel still had plenty to say, whether he used words or not.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 100 ratings.
Based on 100 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Very Best of Joan Armatrading [Universal International] (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE