Carole King Fantasy
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Fantasy Beginning
- 2.You've Been Around Too Long
- 3.Being At War With Each Other
- 5.That's How Things Go Down
- 8.A Quiet Place To Live
- 9.Welfare Symphony
- 10.You Light Up My Life
- 12.Believe In Humanity
- 13.Fantasy End
Personnel includes: Carole King (vocals, keyboards); David T. Walker (guitar); George Bohannon (euphonium, trombone); Tom Scott, Ernie Watts, Curtis Amy, Mike Altschul (saxophone); Ollie Mitchell, Chuck Findley, Albert Aarons (trumpet, flugelhorn); Charlie Loper, Dick "Slide" Hyde (trombone); Charles Larkey (bass); Harvey Mason, Bobbye Hall (percussion).
Although 1973's FANTASY did not have the commercial success of 1972's RHYMES AND REASONS, much less the huge sales of 1971's TAPESTRY, it's still one of Carole King's finest albums. It's certainly her most complex effort; a 13-song suite where all of the songs segue into one another seamlessly, FANTASY was written, arranged and produced by King. The orchestral arrangements are particularly impressive, managing to add a new and complex dimension to King's previously sparse music without overpowering the sturdy piano-based melodies. It sounds as if she listened to a lot of mid '60s Beach Boys records before making this album. Lyrically, FANTASY deliberately moves away from the autobiographical introspection of her earlier albums, returning to the kind of in-character writing of her '60s hits with ex-husband Gerry Goffin. Highlights include the Marvin Gaye-like "Welfare Symphony" and the surprisingly funky pregnancy tale "That's How Things Go Down." Although not as well-known as its two immediate predecessors, FANTASY is every bit their equal.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,433
- UPC: 886972456621
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK