Leonard Cohen Death of A Ladies Man
Only 7 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.True Love Leaves No Traces
- 3.Paper thin Hotel
- 5.I Left A Woman Waiting
- 6.Don't Go Home With Your Hard-On
- 8.Death Of A Ladies Man
Personnel: Leonard Cohen (vocals, guitar); Dan Kessel (guitar, keyboards, organ, synthesizers, background vocals); Phil Spector (guitar, keyboards); Art Munson, David Kessel, David Isaac, Jesse Ed Davis, Ray Pohlman (guitar); Albert Perkins, "Sneaky Pete" Kleinow (slide pedal guitar); Bobby Bruce (fiddle); Don Menza, Steve Douglas (flute, saxophone); Jay Migliori (saxophone); Conte Candoli (trumpet); Charles Loper, Jack Redmond (trombone); Pete Jolly, Tom Hensley, Don Randi, Bill Mays, Barry Goldberg, Mike Lang (keyboards); Devra Robitaille (synthesizer); Ray Pohlman, Ray Neopolitan); Terry Gibbs (vibraphone, percussion); Hal Blaine, Jim Keltner (drums); Gene Estes (percussion); Bob Dylan, Alan Ginsberg, Bill Diez (background vocals).
Recorded at Whitney Recording Studios, Gold Star Recording Studios & Devonshire Sound Studios, Los Angeles, California.
In retrospect, after Cohen's ironic latter-day embrace of Europop sounds, the brashness of Phil Spector's production style doesn't seem such an unlikely mate for Cohen's songs. At the time, though, the pairing of the genteel acoustic songpoet with Mr. Wall of Sound raised more than a few eyebrows. While Spector's famed everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach does largely preclude the opportunity for subtlety, the sheer audaciousness of the Big Sound works nicely with Cohen's spleen-venting sensibilities. Wailing at the top of his lungs over a sea of sound, Cohen comes off like a crazed, poetic carnival barker. Highlights are the ribald, funky and uproarious "Don't Go Home With Your Hard-On" (featuring backing vocals by Bob Dylan and Allen Ginsberg!) and the epic title cut. This isn't the place for neophytes to start, but for hardcore fans, it'll be irresistible.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,698
- UPC: 886972380728
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK