Classics: The Early Years
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Hurry! Only 9 copies left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$6 (46% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
sku: ZHUS 77784
- by Neil Diamond ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $3.99
- by Neil Diamond ~ Gold (2-CD) ~ $15.40
- by Neil Diamond ~ Moods ~ $5.49
- by Neil Diamond ~ Stones ~ $5.21
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Sony
- 1.Kentucky Woman
- 2.Cherry, Cherry
- 3.Solitary Man
- 4.You Got To Me
- 5.I Got The Feelin' (Oh No, No)
- 6.Thank The Lord For The Night Time
- 7.I'm A Believer
- 8.Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
- 10.Do It
- 11.Red Red Wine
- 12.The Boat That I Row
Also available in a 3-pack with THE JAZZ SINGER and BEAUTIFUL NOISE.
Audio Mixer: Neil Brody.
Photographer: Leonard Rapoport.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Jeff Barry ; Neil Diamond.
Neil Diamond first achieved international success in the 1970s and '80s with his splashy, big-budget productions. But in the mid-'60s, Diamond was just another respected journeyman songwriter who, like Paul Simon, Lou Reed, and many others, had cut his teeth cranking out tunes at New York's celebrated Brill Building, a center for post-World War Two American songwriting. During this time, Diamond wrote a flurry of excellent songs that have taken on a life of their own. CLASSICS: THE EARLY YEARS captures the singer at what some consider his creative apex.
The mid-1960s' "Red, Red Wine," known by many listeners from the chirpy UB40 reggae version, is sung with stunning dolor, while the moody "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon," featured in Quentin Tarrantino's film PULP FICTION in a version by Chicago's Urge Overkill, still sounds fresh after more than a few decades. In addition to the other American pop classics "Kentucky Woman," "Cherry, Cherry," and "I'm a Believer," the latter successfully covered by the Monkees, CLASSICS: THE EARLY YEARS features some lesser-known Diamond gems, including "Shilo" and the positively terrific "Solitary Man." It's a must for any fan of Neil Diamond or first-rate Brill Building songwriting.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)(34)
$20.25 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE