Cheap Trick Cheap Trick
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Elo Kiddies
- 2.Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School
- 3.Taxman, Mr. Thief
- 4.Cry, Cry
- 5.Oh, Candy
- 6.Hot Love
- 7.Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace
- 8.He's A Whore
- 10.The Ballad Of T.V. Violence (I'm Not The Only Boy)
- 11.Lovin' Money
- 12.I Want You To Want Me
- 13.Lookout (Previously Unreleased Studio Version)
- 14.You're All Talk (Previously Unreleased Studio Version)
- 15.Go Go Girls (Previously Unreleased)
Also available in a 3-pack with IN COLOR and HEAVEN TONIGHT.
Cheap Trick: Robin Zander (vocals, guitar); Rick Nielsen (guitar, background vocals); Tom Petersson (bass, background vocals); Bun E. Carlos (drums).
Reissue producer: Bruce Dickinson
Recorded at The Record Plant, New York, New York in 1976 and 1977. Includes original liner notes by Eric Von Lustbader and reissue liner notes by Greg Kot.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Cheap Trick: Robin Zander (vocals, guitar); Rick Nielsen (guitar); Tom Petersson (bass guitar); Bun E. Carlos (drums).
Cheap Trick's self-titled debut is a '70s rock masterpiece. Although it doesn't contain many renowned songs, it does have superbly underrated compositions and electric performances, and a dark undercurrent is encountered throughout. The melodic hard rock has pop leanings at times, but the album was wisely recorded raw (by Aerosmith producer Jack Douglas), and such disturbing topics as pedophilia, serial murderers, suicide and prostitution are touched upon.
"ELO Kiddies" starts the album off on an anthemic note (the track would be used steadily in concert to get the crowd going), while "Hot Love" and "He's A Whore" showed that the band could easily hold their own with the punk rock crowd. "Mandocello" is an absolutely gorgeous acoustic ballad that had hit single written all over it, while "Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School," "The Ballad of TV Violence" and "Speak Now" are all hard-rocking highlights. Many rightly consider CHEAP TRICK to be the band's finest album (Cheap Trick released a totally different self-titled album in 1997, which should not be confused with this 1977 debut of the same name).
Top of the Pop Hits - The 70s, Volume 1 - Disc 5 (CD)
$2.38 CYBER SALE
Hard Rock Treasures - A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Rock 'n'... (DVD)
$5.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 56 ratings.
Based on 56 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,306
- UPC: 886972400228
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE