Bob Dylan The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.01 (34% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.118Ranked #97 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...On FREEWHEELIN', the poetry and articulate fury of Dylan's lyrics and his simple, compelling melodies transformed American popular songwriting..."
Q (Magazine) - p.111"A giant leap forward from his 1962 debut, and the point at which the world beyond Greenwich Village's folk fraternity began taking notice..."
- 1.Blowin' in the Wind
- 2.Girl from the North Country
- 3.Masters of War
- 4.Down the Highway
- 5.Bob Dylan's Blues
- 6.Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
- 7.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- 8.Bob Dylan's Dream
- 9.Oxford Town
- 10.Talking World War III Blues
- 11.Corrina, Corrina
- 12.Honey, Just Allow Me One More Chance
- 13.I Shall Be Free
Also available in a 3-pack with THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN' and ANOTHER SIDE OF BOB DYLAN.
Solo performer: Bob Dylan (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica).
Engineers: Stan Tonkel, Peter Dauria, George Kneurr.
Recorded in Columbia Sound Studios, New York, New York in 1963.
Includes liner notes by Nat Hentoff.
Personnel: Bob Dylan (guitar); Howie Collins, Bruce Langhorne (guitar); Dick Wellstood (piano); Gene Ramey, Leonard Gaskin (bass instrument); George Barnes (bass guitar); Herb Lovelle (drums).
With this album Dylan emerged from the cloak of Woody Guthrie and proclaimed his own unique talent. No longer detached--the set was originally entitled BOB DYLAN'S BLUES--he personalized his songs, famously rejecting four from the final draft in favor of others reflecting his newer muse. Protest songs were given a wider resonance--the text of "Masters Of War" remains sadly relevant decades later--while his love songs are haunting but universal statements. Dylan injected black humor into the talking blues and railed against injustice in all forms, with a perception encompassing the anger of a generation. FREEWHEELIN' is a landmark in the development of folk and pop music.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Rock & Pop: Singer / Songwriter Music Categories:
- Kris Allen Horizons (CD) ~ $10.78 CYBER SALE
- Tori Amos American Doll Posse (CD) ~ $7.19 CYBER SALE
- Eric Andersen Blue Rain (Live) (CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER SALE
- Joan Armatrading Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $8.84 CYBER SALE
- Joan Armatrading Into The Blues (CD) ~ $17.08 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE