Bob Dylan The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.96 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.118Ranked #97 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...On FREEWHEELIN', the poetry and articulate fury of Dylan's lyrics and his simple, compelling melodies transformed American popular songwriting..."
Q (Magazine) - p.111"A giant leap forward from his 1962 debut, and the point at which the world beyond Greenwich Village's folk fraternity began taking notice..."
- 1.Blowin' in the Wind
- 2.Girl from the North Country
- 3.Masters of War
- 4.Down the Highway
- 5.Bob Dylan's Blues
- 6.Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
- 7.Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- 8.Bob Dylan's Dream
- 9.Oxford Town
- 10.Talking World War III Blues
- 11.Corrina, Corrina
- 12.Honey, Just Allow Me One More Chance
- 13.I Shall Be Free
Also available in a 3-pack with THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN' and ANOTHER SIDE OF BOB DYLAN.
Solo performer: Bob Dylan (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica).
Engineers: Stan Tonkel, Peter Dauria, George Kneurr.
Recorded in Columbia Sound Studios, New York, New York in 1963.
Includes liner notes by Nat Hentoff.
Personnel: Bob Dylan (guitar); Howie Collins, Bruce Langhorne (guitar); Dick Wellstood (piano); Gene Ramey, Leonard Gaskin (bass instrument); George Barnes (bass guitar); Herb Lovelle (drums).
With this album Dylan emerged from the cloak of Woody Guthrie and proclaimed his own unique talent. No longer detached--the set was originally entitled BOB DYLAN'S BLUES--he personalized his songs, famously rejecting four from the final draft in favor of others reflecting his newer muse. Protest songs were given a wider resonance--the text of "Masters Of War" remains sadly relevant decades later--while his love songs are haunting but universal statements. Dylan injected black humor into the talking blues and railed against injustice in all forms, with a perception encompassing the anger of a generation. FREEWHEELIN' is a landmark in the development of folk and pop music.
Down the Tracks: Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.93 Super Savings
The Very Best of Joan Armatrading [Universal International] (CD)(4)
$9.64 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE