- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 26, 2011
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Thumpers
- Award Winning short subject by Craig Anderson
- Penny's Holiday Special
- Trailer Terrors
- Dr. Gangrene's Public Service Announcements
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Rondo Award winners Doctor Gangrene (famed host of Nashville's "Creature Feature") and Penny Dreadful (hostess of New England's "Shilling Shockers") join forces in this spooktastic production hosted by Count Gore De Vol. Sorcery threatens to destroy Halloween as pumpkins turn pink while goblins and ghouls begin acting lovable! To the rescue - infamous Doctor Gangrene and Penny Dreadful, assisted by her werewolf sidekick, Garou, combine science, magic and horrifying humour to save their beloved holiday!
DVD includes the extended cut of the film, with footage not aired in the original half-hour broadcast version. In addition to "The Dreadful Hallowgreen Special," the DVD includes an all new half hour special entitled "Trailer Terror" hosted by Penny Dreadful & Dr. Gangrene, which has the hosts introducing some of their favorite classic horror film trailers.
Bonus features include trailers, bios, shorts, bloopers and outtakes. In addition, this DVD contains rarely seen Penny Dreadful footage from her live Holiday Specials and eight public service short films from the Emmy nominated series "Go Green With Dr. Gangrene".
"Dr. Gangrene's Creature Feature" airs on its home station WNAB CW58 in Nashville TN. Portrayed by Larry Underwood, the "Good Doctor" has been shocking the Scare-waves since 1999, and his programs have been nominated for two Emmy Awards for Public Service.
- "Trailer Terror" - An all new half hour horror special starring Dr. Gangrene & Penny Dreadful.
- "Thumpers" - Award Winning Subject of the Unlucky 13 movie making challenge with special introduction by Dr. Gangrene, directed by Craig Anderson.
- Clips from Penny Dreadfuls Holiday Specials Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Day Of The Dead (2009)
- Trailer for the "Dreadful Hallowgreen Special"
- Bloopers & Outtakes from "Dreadful Hallowgreen Special"
- Biographies from Penny Dreadful, Dr. Gangrene, & Count Gore Devol
- Eight Public Service Short Films from the Emmy Nominated "Go Green With Dr. Gangrene" Series with new introduction by Dr. Gangrene, directed by Cameron McCasland: "Two Lane Trash Stop" (2008), "Bonehead" (2008), "Trash Day Of The Dead" (2008), "Werewolf Of Nashville" (2009), "Summer Of The Mummy" (2009), "Butt-Head" (2010), "Watered Down Wolfman" (2010) and "The Frank-Can-Stein Monster" (2010)
This offbeat comedy special brings together the performers Penny Dreadful, Doctor Gangrene, Count Gore de Vol and the werewolf Garou. As the story begins, Halloween teeters on the verge of being completely destroyed by sorcery: pumpkins turn from orange to pink, and ghouls and goblins drop their penchants for spooking and begin to exhibit friendly behavior! in response, Penny, Gangrene and the others enlist the help of reverse magic to rescue the holiday that they love so dearly.