Cult Movies TV: 8-Episode Collection
Alpha New Cinema (series)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
King Kong Escapes (Blu-ray) $10.83
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: January 31, 2011
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Forrest J. Ackerman, Jack Hill, Yvette Vickers & Michael Copner|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In 1999, Cult Movies TV was inspired in part by two earlier video documentaries that Copner and Barnett produced, Bela Lugosi Then And Now and On The Trail Of Ed Wood.
The popularity of the magazine peaked in the late 90's and culminated with this companion TV series and the well-attended Cult Movies Convention at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in October, 2000. The television episodes produced at Pasadena Community Access Corporation in Southern California by Kathe Duba-Barnett and Kevin C. Brechner were repeated frequently for several years, in Pasadena as well as other cable stations throughout the United States.
Starring Forrest J Ackerman ("Famous Monsters of Filmland"), Brad Linaweaver (Award winning author), Verne Langdon (Make-up wizard, Don Post Studios), Jack Hill (Spider Baby, Sheba Baby, Coffy), James Keane (actor, Apocalypse Now), John La Zar (actor, Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls), Ron Ford & Randal Malone (director & star of Hollywood Mortuary), Titus Moody (Rat Pfink and Boo Boo), Yvette Vickers (Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman.) Hosted by Michael Copner and Buddy Barnett with Marta Dobrovitz ("Marta's Movie Minute.")
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Today on "Oldies but Movies" I bring you CULT MOVIES TV! Cult Movies Tv is a public access television show from 1999 hosted by Cult Movies magazine co-founders Michael Copner and Buddy Barnett. This DVD from Alpha Video gives you 8 classic episodes featuring the likes of Jack Hill, Forrest J Ackerman, Yvette Vickers and a whole lot more!
Shows like this I love so much and wish we had more of. It's sort of like a variation of the horror host. The production value is poor and both Copner and Barnett seem incredibly awkward on camera and around their guests, but that doesn't matter. The cult movie knowledge presented here is a joy to hear!
The guests on the show are fantastic. Forrest J Ackerman in particular is quite the treat. To listen to this man, who clearly knows his sci-fi (he did invent the term after all!), talk on the subject for 15 minutes is fascinating.
Copner and Barnett, despite their awkwardness, are quite entertaining as well. They're obviously movie nerds and it's fun to hear them nerd out over something they're so passionate about. Aside from interviewing a wide variety of guests, the two try and give a definition for what a cult movie is (not any easy task) and read fan letters.
I'm really glad Alpha Video has released these episodes on DVD. More often than not, things like this seem to slip off into obscurity and it's a real shame. Here we have people gave genuine discussions about something they love. It's quite amazing.
How many famous genre directors or writers grew up watching something similar to this? I think it's a safe bet to say most of them did. Let's keep inspiring new generations with this DVD.
I have to think there's more shows like this from the past. More programming from public access just floating around. Hopefully those too will someday be recovered and saved. In the meantime, I'll enjoy and appreciate CULT MOVIES TV by watching this DVD over and over again.
Read more at FearTheCrypt.com
- Sales Rank: 2,173
- UPC: 089218106698
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE