- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 3 hours
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 9, 2007
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- "Finding Leo" -- Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's desperate attempt to secure a guest appearance by one of Hollywood's top celebrity's.
- Never-before-seen deleted scenes featuring Kate Winslet, Samuel L. Jackson and Patrick Stewart.
- Other: "The Difficult Second Album" behind-the-scenes featurette.
- Over 20 minutes of exclusive outtakes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Having made his name with the popular comedy series THE OFFICE, British funnyman Ricky Gervais used his newfound fame to entice a cluster of huge stars to his next project. EXTRAS finds Gervais playing Andy Millman, a lowly extra who spends most of his life whiling away the hours on film and TV sets as he awaits a mercifully brief appearance in a new production. Millman's friend, Maggie (Ashley Jensen), is also an extra, and finds herself in a similar predicament. Most of the episodes find Millman sidling up to the biggest celebrity on set in a desperate attempt to get himself out of the extras business, but his lack of tact and his bad luck usually leave him right back where he started. Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Stiller, Kate Winslet, and a number of British TV celebrities such as Les Dennis and Ross Kemp all feature in this first season of the show.
British Television |
Film About Film |