Bob Dylan Hard Rain
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 7/00, p.141Included in Q's "The Best Male Angst Albums Of All Time" - "...Electrifying as the combination of hostile weather and tumultuous emotional fallout would suggest. A very testosteroned kind of defiance."
- 1.Maggie's Farm
- 2.One Too Many Mornings
- 3.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
- 4.Oh, Sister
- 5.Lay, Lady, Lay
- 6.Shelter From The Storm
- 7.You're A Big Girl Now
- 8.I Threw It All Away
- 9.Idiot Wind
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar); Mick Ronson, David Mansfield (guitar); Steven Soles (guitar, background vocals); T-Bone Burnett (guitar, piano); Scarlet Rivera (strings); Howard Wyeth (piano, drums); Rob Stoner (bass, background vocals); Gary Burke (drums).
Recorded live in Texas in 1976.
For the last few months of 1975 and the first few of 1976, Bob Dylan led two tours, both unoffically called "Rolling Thunder." The tours were a kind of travelling circus, with many guest musicians (Roger McGuinn, Joan Baez, T-Bone Burnett, Mick Ronson, Ronee Blakely) and some weird hangers-on (Dennis Hopper, Sam Shepard). Out of these notorious shows came Dylan's much ballyhooed (and largely unseen) four-hour film RENALDO AND CLARA, a TV concert special, and this live album, released in late 1976.
Often dismissed as one of Dylan's lesser recordings, HARD RAIN is actually, in some ways, one of his best. Partially inspired by Patti Smith and by a chaotic personal life, this album captures Dylan's music at its most raucous. Indeed, some have called it his "punk" album. His singing, especially on "Idiot Wind" and "Shelter From the Storm," has never sounded more venomous. Older material like "Maggie's Farm" and "One Too Many Mornings" is drastically rearranged. HARD RAIN should rightfully be compared to Neil Young's TIME FADES AWAY as a wrongfully overlooked live album by a major artist.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 51 ratings.
Based on 51 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 21,636
- UPC: 886972318929
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Down the Tracks: Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$3.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow: Songs from the Heart of the Church (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- #1 Soul Hits of the 1980's #1 Soul Hits of The 1980's (CD) ~ $10.27 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
- 101 Strings Orchestra God Bless America (CD) ~ $7.18 on SALE