- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 1999
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 09/07/1995
"...VIRTUOSITY connects all the dots to give audiences a roller-coaster ride..."
Variety - 08/07/1995
"...A profusion of flashy effects and high-velocity pacing....Washington emerges as an able action hero..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/04/1995
"...A sleek, brutal techno-thriller that generates nonstop action....It boasts the kind of elaborate special effects and spectacular production values that can still come only from Hollywood..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/04/1995
"...The movie is filled with bright ideas and fresh thinking..."
In 1999 Los Angeles, an imprisoned ex-cop is given one last shot at redemption when he's turned loose to track down a virtual killer who has escaped the confines of cyberspace. Computer-generated special effects--and a pre-stardom performance from Russell Crowe as the digital killer--enhance this thriller from the director of 1992's THE LAWNMOWER MAN.
When Sid 6.7, a psychopathic robot, escapes from virtual reality and enters the real world, it is up to ex-cop Parker Barnes, whose family Sid violently murdered, and police psychologist Madison Carter to hunt down the killing machine.
- Released theatrically in the USA August 4, 1995.
- The film had an opening weekend box office gross of $8.3 million.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional credit: L2 Communications (special visual effects).
- Soundtrack album available on Radioactive CDs and cassettes.
- Copyright 1995 by Paramount Pictures.