- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Dreamworks Video
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - English
- Dolby Digital DTS 5.1 Surround Sound - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 07/08/2005
"Watching Steven Spielberg's spooky and playful remake of WAR OF THE WORLDS, you may feel a surge of childlike awe..."
New York Times - 07/29/2005
"Effectively scary and visually impressive."
Rolling Stone - 07/28/2005
"[The] road trip, by car and foot, inspires Spielberg to create extraordinary images of a frayed family in a frayed civilization."
Uncut - 09/01/2005
"Spielberg handles the action with practiced flair. There are even some uncharacteristically dark touches..."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2005
"The film delivers on spectacle, from the jarring initial appearance of an alien tripod breaking up through tarmac to the collapse of the war machines in post-holocaust Boston."
USA Today - 07/01/2005
"Steven Spielberg's summer blockbuster has knockout special effects, masterful cinematography, and terrifying and suspenseful sequences. Its explosive, non-stop action brings to mind SAVING PRIVATE RYAN's indelible opening battle sequence."
Premiere - 12/01/2005
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "Janusz Kaminski's icy-blue cinematography and John Williams's unusually discordant score underline the movie's sober reckoning of Armageddon..."
Rolling Stone - 12/01/2005
Ranked #2 in Rolling Stone's "Top 25 DVDs Of 2005' -- "Spielberg's technical mastery, especially with the Tripods -- aliens as nasty as E.T. was sweet -- is evident in every frame of this superior transfer."
Based On A Novel |
Future / Futuristic Worlds |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: June 29, 2005