- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Warner Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Closed Captioned - English
- Commentaries - 1. Ilya Salkind - Executive Producer, Pierre Spengler - Producer
- Featurettes - 1. "Superman's Souffle - Deleted Scene"
- Trailers - 1. Theatrical Trailer
- Featurettes - 1. Vintage TV Specials
- a. "The Making of SUPERMAN II"
- b. "SUPERMAN 50th Anniversary"
- "First Flight: The Fleischer SUPERMAN Series"
- Eight 1940s Famous Studios SUPERMAN Cartoons
- "Eleventh Hour"
- "Destruction, Inc."
- "The Mummy Strikes"
- "Jungle Dreams"
- "The Underground World"
- "Secret Agent"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Gene Hackman &
Marc McClure &
John Victor Smith
David Newman &
Director of Photography:
Robert Paynter &
Entertainment Weekly - 06/19/1981
"SUPERMAN II is a marvelous toy. It's funny, it's full of tricks and it manages to be royally entertaining..."
Ultimate DVD - 07/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "There's such detail in the city shots, the landscapes and the scenic design that we really are discovering this movie anew, the colours are magnificent..."
Once again mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent (Christopher Reeve), hiding his identity as Superman, must fight for law and order. This time around, a triumvirate of nasty villains from the planet Krypton break free of their dimensional prison and hightail it to Earth, where they enjoy the same superpowers as Superman. Meanwhile, Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) has discovered that Superman and Clark are the same person, so Superman debates whether to give up his abilities to become a normal man and share his life with Lois. Richard Lester (A HARD DAY'S NIGHT) takes the helm for this sequel, which is arguably the equal of the original hit film.
Classic Fight Scenes |
Comic Book |