LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Mahogany Rush ~ Child of the Novelty / Maxoom / Strange Universe (2-CD) ~ $16.19
- by Pat Travers ~ Live! Go For What You Know ~ $6.74
- by Mahogany Rush ~ Mahogany Rush IV / World Anthem (3-CD) ~ $16.04
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 2.The Answer
- 4.I'm A King Bee
- 5.(Excerpt From "Back Door Man")
- 6.A New Rock & Roll
- 7.Johnny B. Goode
- 8.Talkin' 'Bout A Feelin'
- 9.(Excerpt From "Who Do Ya Love")
- 10.Electric Reflections Of War
- 11.The World Anthem
- 12.Purple Haze
Mahogany Rush wasn't as huge a name in 1970s hard rock/heavy metal as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, or Deep Purple, but the power trio commanded a loyal, good-sized following and provided its share of five-star albums. One of them is this live album, which was recorded during a U.S. tour in late 1977 and came out on vinyl the following year. Mahogany knew how to burn on stage, and this excellent LP really captures the vitality of its 1970s concerts. No one who is seriously into hard rock and metal should be deprived of hearing singer/guitarist Frank Marino let loose on live versions of "Dragonfly," "Electric Reflections of War," and "The Answer." The band is equally captivating on sweaty performances of Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze," Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode," and Muddy Waters' "I'm a King Bee." Some fans were disappointed because Live is a single LP instead of a two-LP set -- many of the gems that Mahogany performed on-stage in 1977 were omitted. The band cites space limitations as the reason, although one suspects that licensing restrictions had something to do with what was and wasn't included. But while Live may not be the perfect document of Mahogany Rush on-stage in the '70s, it is consistently rewarding and is enthusiastically recommended to hard rockers and metalheads. ~ Alex Henderson
Michael BloomfieldDon't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969 (CD) View Details
Live / Tales of the Unexpected / What's Next (2-CD)
$18.89 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,825
- UPC: 886972382128
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $18.53 CYBER SALE
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 112 Part III (CD) ~ $8.34 CYBER SALE
- 2 Live Crew As Nasty As They Wanna Be (CD) ~ $10.79 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE