|You Save:||$2.01 (10% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 19, 2006
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Mackinac Media
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Jennifer Lowry & Gordon MacDonald|
|Directed by||Frank Henenlotter|
|Screenwriting by||Frank Henenlotter|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- 16:9 Widescreen
Brian is a young man who is bitten by Aylmer, a mutant parasite who devours human brains. Boy and monster become symbiotically attached, since every time Aylmer feasts on a new victim, he injects Brian with a drug-like substance that propels him into a hallucinogenic state. Frank Henenlotter's (BASKET CASE, FRANKENHOOKER) cult classic features many darkly comedic twists and interesting low-budget visual effects.
Aylmer, a brain-devouring creature, escapes into the plumbing of a New York apartment building and takes up residence with Brian, who becomes addicted to the narcotic juice the creature produces. Whenever Aylmer gets hungry, the two go out on the prowl for victims.
Black Comedy | Drugs | Gore | Mutants | Theatrical Release
"You fool. You're feeding him human brains. You're making him strong!" (Morris Ackerman to Brian)
"I don't get a brain, you don't get my juice. We'll see who cracks first." (Aylmer to Brian)
- As low-budget horror films go, this one is sort of fun, with a personable, almost cute monster. And he sings, as well! Generally an amusing update of a William Castle-type film.
- Nice ("in") moment: Kevin Van Hentenryck on the subway carrying a basket (homage to director Frank Henenlotter's 1982 "Basket Case").
- Filmed in New York.
- Credits list a number of galleries contributing works of art, including: Metropolitan Primitives, La Belle Afrique, Himalayan Crafts and the J. Franco House of Pain.