Bob Dylan Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.32Ranked #22 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...Dylan's soundtrack has much to offer: spunky bluegrass and spare, acoustic instrumentals that conjure up whore-filled cantinas and the deaths of both Billy and the Old West itself."
- 1.Main Title Theme (Billy)
- 2.Cantina Theme (Workin' For The Law)
- 3.Billy I
- 4.Bunkhouse Theme
- 5.River Theme
- 6.Turkey Chase
- 7.Knockin' On Heaven's Door
- 8.Final Theme
- 9.Billy 4
- 10.Billy 7
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Donna Weiss, Priscilla Jones-Campbell, Brenda Patterson, Byron Berline (vocals); Roger McGuinn, Carol Hunter (guitar); Bruce Langhorne (acoustic guitar); Jolly Roger (banjo); Fred Katz, Ted Michel (cello); Gary Foster (flute, recorder); Carl Fortina (harmonium); Terry Paul, Booker T. Jones (bass instrument); Jim Keltner (drums); Russ Kunkel (bongos, tambourine).
Even though it contains the classic rock standard "Knocking on Heaven's Door," PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID is one of Dylan's least-known albums. Recorded as the soundtrack to the surreal, somewhat violent Sam Peckinpah Western in which Dylan co-starred, the album consists mainly of reflective, rustic instrumentals. Of the two songs with vocals, "Billy" is a compelling outlaw narrative, complete with earnestly strummed acoustic guitars and Dylan's wheezing harmonica, while the epic, ominous "Knocking On Heaven's Door" is a rock masterpiece that evokes the wide-open space and desolation of the Old West.
Though the remainder of the album is devoted to instrumentals, tracks like the delicate, wistful "River Theme" are impressive in their own understated way. Backed by Byrds' guitarist Roger McGuinn and an assortment of top-drawer West Coast session players, Dylan created a moody, mythic musical landscape on PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID. It was one of his last albums to capture the restless spirit and otherworldly feel of his classic sixties recordings.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.
Based on 34 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,631
- UPC: 886972385822
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Down the Tracks: The Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$4.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow: Songs from the Heart of the Church (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
- 101 Strings God Bless America (CD) ~ $7.18 on SALE
- 101 Strings Orchestra God Bless America (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE