- Featurette: Making Of 'The Andromeda Strain'
- A Portrait Of Michael Crichton
- Theatrical Trailer
- Language: English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Universal Studios
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Directed with clinical precision by Robert Wise, this record of the earth's first biological crisis is perhaps the most painstakingly authentic science-fiction thriller ever made.
When a satellite falls to earth near a remote New Mexico village, the recovery team finds everyone in the area dead, except for an infant and an old derelict. The survivors are brought to a five story underground lab - one of the most elaborate and intricate sets ever assembled in Hollywood - where scientists attempt to determine the nature of the deadly microbe before it starts a world-wide epidemic.
A trailblazer in the realm of science-fact, The Andromeda Strain is based on Michael Crichton's best-selling novel that created national paranoia for its topical relevance to the first moon landing.