- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- 5 Deleted Scenes With Director Commentary
- Audio Commentary: Donald Petrie - Director
- MAPPING OUT THE PERFECT MOVIE
- MAPPING OUT THE PERFECT LOCATION
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/07/2003
"...The two stars, Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson, have a prickly, hot-and-cold chemistry..."
USA Today - 02/07/2003
"...Hudson is charming and her comic timing is dead-on..."
Sight and Sound - 05/01/2003
"...There are some well observed moments in HOW TO LOSE A GUY....There's also some nicely understated satire about magazine publishing and digs at the shallowness of celebrity journalism....The supporting cast is strong..."
Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson) decides to spice up her How-To column in Composure Magazine by venturing out into the Manhattan singles market to see if she can make a guy fall for her, and then get him to dump her within 10 days. Simultaneously, advertising executive Benjamin Barry (Matthew McConaughey) makes a bet with his boss that he can meet a woman and have her fall in love with him within 10 days. Naturally the two of them come together, and, oblivious to each other's wagers, they quickly bond. But when Andie turns off her charms and turns on the dumping tactics, Benjamin must do all he can not to be repulsed by her so that he can win his side of the bet. With Andie unable to comprehend why she can't rid herself of her guy, and with Benjamin frustrated at Andie's peculiar behavior, the two of them begin down the inexorable path toward genuine romance.
This charming romantic comedy, based on the book HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS: THE UNIVERSAL DON'TS OF DATING by Michele Alexander and Jeanie Long, features plenty of on-screen chemistry between Hudson and McConaughey. For Hudson, her role in HOW TO LOSE A GUY is vaguely reminiscent of characters played by her mom, Goldie Hawn.
New York City |
- Theatrical Release: FEBRUARY 7, 2003
- HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS is based on a book by Jeannie Long and Michele Alexander called HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS: THE UNIVERSAL DON'TS OF DATING.