Terror In The Pharaoh's Tomb (2007)
Alpha New Cinema (series)
|You Save:||$2.03 (20% Off)|
- Black Raven ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- The Black Sleep ~ $14.99 (Save 44%)
- Island of Doomed Men (Full Screen) ~ $17.98 (Save 33%)
- Terror In The Pharaoh's Tomb (2007) - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Terror In The Tropics (2005) ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: March 25, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Peter Lorre, George Zucco, Bela Lugosi & Lon Chaney|
|Directed by||A. Susan Svehla|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Includes "special appearances" by Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, Jr., Lionel Atwill, Leo Gorcey, Peter Lorre, George Zucco and Barbara Stanwyck. Also stars Leanna Chamish, Nikolai Volkoff, Leo Wayne Dymowski, Nikita Breznikov, Heidi Emmer and Nicole Keller.
DVD bonus features include Blooper Reel, Audio Commentary and Trailer.
Here's what people are saying about Terror In The Pharaoh's Tomb:
"Terror In The Pharaoh's Tomb takes The Mummy to a new level! Guaranteed screams and laughs." - Julie Corman (Producer, CEO - Trinity Pictures)
"Svehla has transformed the process of digital-collage filmmaking into an exercise in imagination! Featuring the creepiest mummy since 1957's Pharaoh's Curse." - Michael H. Price (Ft. Worth Business Press, Forgotten Horrors)
"Movie buffs and mystery fans will find this film particularly enjoyable! Impressive set design and costumes." - Dr. David Soren (History Channel consultant, Rise and Fall of the Horror Film)
"Classic movie fans will love it!" - Kevin J. O'Connor (actor, The Mummy, 1999; Van Helsing, 2004; There Will Be Blood, 2007)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Fans of classic horror films will enjoy every moment of Terror in the Pharaoh's Tomb! Jam-packed with campy thrills and laughs, Pharaoh's Tomb recalls the great heyday of Universal monster movies, bringing shining new talents and legendary film stars together for a globe-trotting tale of immortal terror. When archeologist Rick Banning vanishes, it is rumored that he has discovered the lost Egyptian city of Lemuria. Three intrepid adventurers set out to find Banning, but find themselves caught in the clutches of an evil Egyptian queen and her minions, including a marauding mummy! Popular Scream Queen Leanna Chamish plays the wicked Queen Amanetor with stylish maliciousness, and it is a joy to watch her wicked amusement as she toys with her captive male prey. The rest of the cast, including the great George Stover, are a delight, as is the addition of matinee idols of yesteryear, including Bela Legosi, Lon Chaney, Jr. and Peter Lorre. Dead End Kids fans will be thrilled to see tough guy Leo Gorcey once again. With the use of clever CGI, Terror in the Pharaoh's Tomb takes the viewer back to the days of classic horror films and is destined itself to become a classic Sunday afternoon popcorn favorite.
My son Rob Long dies early in this movie, though he played 2 background characters later. He made me laugh and was more enterprising than the lead character because of his movie mugging and the execution of his lines. He was joyous in finding the treasure as only a criminal could be.
The movie brings older movie lines out of the woodwork.
Leanna Chamish snarls in great, throaty, villain style.
The chief "loves" his job.
The woman reporter is hilariously good.
The use of public domain B&W footage, green screening, and modern Apple techniques is often startlingly good--despite "Some" screen problems with the fire in the torches.
The Lemuria storyline works. George Stover and the PI, the floozie, all good character actors.
All in all, a very fun film. Worth telling others.
The director and producer have a nice product on their hands.
An affectionate tribute to the horror films of a bygone era with public domain footage of famous stars from the past intercut with new scenes featuring a talented crop of Baltimore actors.
- Sales Rank: 9,835
- UPC: 089218103895
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- The 13th Man (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 23 1/2 Hours Leave (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 26 Men - Volume 1 (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 26 Men - Volume 2 (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ace Drummond (2-DVD) ~ $7 on SALE
- Ace Drummond, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-6) (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE