- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 15, 2002
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/09/1984
"...A film that makes the most of the mundane....FALLING IN LOVE seduces the audience as gradually as the characters seduce each other..."
Variety - 11/14/1984
...…[Streep] is a delight...and looks wonderful....DeNiro is charming and, like Streep, plenty of fun to watch..."
Acting fireworks are on display as Robert DeNiro and Meryl Streep play Frank Raftis and Molly Gilmore, two everyday people who meet by chance on a commuter train bound for New York and fall desperately in love--despite the fact that they are both married. The stellar supporting cast includes Diane Wiest (HANNAH AND HER SISTERS) and Jane Kaczmarek (TV's MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE). De Niro and Streep previously starred together in THE DEER HUNTER (1978).
Frank and Molly are falling in love -- but they're both married to other people. So their relationship revolves around catching clandestine moments together on day trips to New York City. But Frank is ready to take their budding romance one step further, forcing Molly to decide whether or not she wants to start an affair.
- Color by Technicolor. Shot on location in New York and New Jersey, and at Empire Stages of New York in Long Island City.