- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
KING RAT, based on the novel by James Clavell, deals with the captivity of a group of allied prisoners in the infamous Japanese-run Changi prisoner-of-war camp in Singapore, during World War II. There, an American corporal (George Segal) does whatever he can, including bribing his captors, to live as comfortably as possible, even at the expense of his fellow Allies. Academy Award Nominations: 2, including Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography.
Prison / Prisoners |
Theatrical Release |
World War II
- Produced by Coleytown Productions.
- Additional credits: Randy McIntyre (camera operator)
- Additional cast: John Ronane (Hawkins), Sammy Reese (Kurt), Wright King (Brough), John Merivale (Foster), Hedley Mattingly (Dr. Prudhomme), John Levingston (Myner), John Richard (Gurble), Mike Stroka (Miller), Roy Deane (Peterson), William Fawcett (Steinmetz), Larry Conroy (Townsend), John Barclay (Spencer), John Warburton (Commandant), David Haviland (Masters), David Frankham (Cox), Dick Johnson (Pop), and Anthony Faramus.