- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 18, 2005
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Merchant Ivory
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Simon Callow - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Set in a small milltown in the depression-era south, a solitary, imperious figure (Redgrave) known for her home-brewed liquor and home-spun doctoring becomes the center of a town scandal when her cousin visits and begins to change her, alienating her from her new husband.
Miss Amelia runs a general store in a small Southern town during the 1930s. One day, into her solitary existence, steps a hunchbacked dwarf who claims to be her Cousin Lymon. Miss Amelia is fascinated by the stranger and the two strike up an unusual relationship. Lymon soon convinces Miss Amelia to transform her shop into a cafe.
Things seem to be going just fine -- until Marvin Macy, the man Miss Amelia once married and then spurned, is released from prison and drops in for a visit...
Love Story |
Theatrical Release |
- Shown in competition at the 1991 Berlin Film Festival.
- Shown in New York City at the New Directors/New Films series March 28, 1991.
- Color by Technicolor.