The Byrds The Original Singles 1965-67
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Mr. Tambourine Man
- 2.I Knew I'd Want You
- 3.All I Really Want To Do
- 4.I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
- 5.Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- 6.She Don't Care About Time
- 7.Set You Free This Time
- 8.It Won't Be Wrong
- 9.Eight Miles High
- 11.5D (Fifth Dimension)
- 12.Captain Soul
- 13.Mr. Spaceman
- 14.What's Happening?!?!
- 15.So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star
- 16.Everybody's Been Burned
The Byrds: Roger (Jim) McGuinn (vocals, 12-string guitar); David Crosby (vocals, guitar); Chris Hillman (vocals, bass); Gene Clark (vocals, tambourine); Michael Clarke (drums).
Producers: Terry Melcher, Allen Stanton, Gary Usher.
Includes liner notes by John Rogan.
Formed in Los Angeles in 1964, the Byrds hit with their first single, a vibrant take on Bob Dylan's "Mr.Tambourine Man," in 1965, introducing the term "folk-rock" into the rock vocabulary. With a sound marked by soaring, multi-part harmonies and 12-string Rickenbacker guitar, the Byrds racked up several more hits over the next two years, including a chart-topping interpretation of Pete Seeger's "Turn, Turn, Turn." Personnel changes and internal disputes, combined with changing musical fashions, caused their popularity to dwindle in the late '60s. The greatest achievement of their later years was SWEETHEART OF THE RODEO (1968). That hybrid of country and rock (influenced by new guitarist/singer Gram Parsons) was largely responsible for the Eagles and their kin.
In 1972, Roger McGuinn, the only remaining original member, disbanded the Byrds. The original lineup reunited in 1973 for one ill-received album. The members remained musically active, with David Crosby the most visible. Although ex-Byrds occasionally worked with one another, the deaths of Gene Clark (1991) and Michael Clarke (1993) ended the possibility of another full-scale reunion. The Byrds' sound and spirit lives on in McGuinn's solo work and in the music of the countless artists whom they inspired, including the Beatles, Tom Petty and R.E.M.
1910 Fruitgum Co.The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,788
- UPC: 886972386225
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
20 Essential Tracks from the Boxed Set: 1965-1990 (CD)(23)
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE