- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 10, 1998
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Lions Gate
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Packaging: Keep Case
Cast and Crew Information
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 10/04/1990
"...Hackman is a resourceful actor..."
A woman agrees to a blind date and ends up witnessing a murder. Now an unwilling witness, she is being stalked by two assassins and the Los Angeles district attorney determined to bring her back to testify. Starring Gene Hackman (THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS) and Anne Archer (FATAL ATTRACTION).
A woman on a blind date has her life thrown into confusion and danger when her escort is slain by mob thugs. As the key witness to the murder, she becomes the responsibility of Robert Caulfield, a Los Angeles D.A., who must protect her so she can testify against the hit men, even though he doesn't trust her. Things go awry when a fellow cop gets killed, and the woman and the D.A. both find themselves on the run and headed for Canada to try to escape the killers.
Law / Lawyers |
Theatrical Release |
- Budget estimate $21 million.
- Began shooting June 12, 1989; Completed shooting October 1989;
- Released theatrically in the USA September 21, 1990.
- Color by Technicolor. Shot on location in Vancouver and British Columbia in Panavision.
- Shown at the 1990 London Film Festival.
- Reviewed in New York Times 9/21/1990.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Originally made in 1952 by the director Richard Fleischer for a cost of $230,000. The 1990 version, directed, scripted and shot by Peter Hyams, reportedly cost 100 times that amount at $21 million. The large budget apparently went into the breathtaking stuntwork and impressive technical support turned in by the crew.
- Peter Hyams is one of the few mainstream directors in addition to Josef Von Sternberg who doubles as his own cinematographer.