- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 6, 2000
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer (3)
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 03/29/1996
"...A surprisingly contemporary ring....Trim, rough stuff -- fast moving and unapologetically violent..." -- Rating: B+
Stirling Silliphant penned this tough, action-packed SHAFT adventure in which the super cool detective goes to South Africa to stop a modern day slave trade.
The second action-packed sequel to the blaxploitation hit "Shaft." This time, private eye John Shaft gets kidnapped and taken to Africa, where he's forced into helping an Ethiopian emir put an end to a modern-day slave ring. In addition to facing a bunch of deadly assassins, Shaft also has his hands full with two lovely ladies -- the slave dealer's seductive mistress and the emir's daughter.
- Shot in Panavision. Color by Metrocolor.
- A Shaft Productions film.
- Additional Cast: Debebe Eshetu (Wassa) and Marne Laitland (Col. Gondar).
- Additional Crew: Miguel Angel Gil Jr. (assistant director), Takayuki Kubota (stick-fighting sequences) and Miguel Pedregosa (coordinator of action scenes).